• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Detailer vs. Final Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detailer vs. Final Inspection

What are the advantages of one over the other? What is the difference in the two products?

Re: Quick Detailer vs. Final Inspection

What's the difference between Quik Detailer and M34?

Originally posted by rsinor View Post
    What are the advantages of one over the other? What is the difference in the two products?
    Note: Quik Detailer is in our Consumer Line and Final Inspection is in our Professional line. Many people new to detailing don't know that Meguiar's roots and heritage is manufacturing product for car manufactures, (where fresh paint is applied), and body shops, (where fresh paint is applied). Meguiar's didn't enter into the Consumer market until 1973, for over 50 years before that, (in the 1920's), before that all we did was cater to the people spraying fresh paint.

Both products are mist and wipe products, the primary difference is that Final Inspection is formulated to be used in a body shop environment where fresh paint is being sprayed, Final Inspection is Body Shop Safe. This means there are no ingredients in Final Inspection that will interfere with paint adhesion when painting a car.

If you work as a painter in a body shop then you should be using Final Inspection, if you don't, i.e. if you're an enthusiast detailer or even a Pro detailer, then it doesn't matter what kind of mist and wipe product you're using because you're not spraying fresh paint in a body shop environement.

Both products work awesome, pick one you like or is available to you and go with it.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Thanks, I'm new to the forum but a Meguair's product user for years, I like final inspection have used it for years, also have used most of the other commercial side products, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, etc. I posted the question the other day about lacquer and a G100 just bought it cant wait to get started, I used to own a automotive parts businees and sold to body shops. I've seen the quik detailer I never used it but at shows I see a lot of guys using it rather than the final inspection. So I was curious if there was an advantage to it over final inspection. Still have at least a gallon of final inspection on the shelf so it will be a while before I consider the change just curious.

Comment

Mike,

Still have at least a gallon of final inspection on the shelf so it will be a while before I consider the change just curious.
        From a performance point of view, there is no advantage between any of our mist and wipe products because they all perform excellent. The only clear advantage between M34 and all of our other mist and wipe products is that as mentioned before, M34 is Body Shop Safe. So if you're working in a body shop or on brand new paint, then M34 is the product for you. For any other situation, (cured paint and not in a body shop environment), you can use any of our mist and wipe products including M34.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

Thanks, I'm new to the forum but a Meguair's product user for years, I like final inspection have used it for years, also have used most of the other commercial side products, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, etc. I posted the question the other day about lacquer and a G100 just bought it cant wait to get started, I used to own a automotive parts businees and sold to body shops. I've seen the quik detailer I never used it but at shows I see a lot of guys using it rather than the final inspection. So I was curious if there was an advantage to it over final inspection. Still have at least a gallon of final inspection on the shelf so it will be a while before I consider the change just curious.
          My .02... I think you see 'Quik Detailer' more as you can just run to Walmart/Target and pick it up, very easy to find without a thought. Final Inspection you may have to get it online, from Meguiars.com or from a local parts store, still easy to find but not as easy. Other than than its more personal preference when talking Meguiars Detailers. Now I like Last Touch, yet another detailer!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
            My .02... I think you see 'Quik Detailer' more as you can just run to Walmart/Target and pick it up, very easy to find without a thought. Final Inspection you may have to get it online, from Meguiars.com or from a local parts store, still easy to find but not as easy. Other than than its more personal preference when talking Meguiars Detailers. Now I like Last Touch, yet another detailer!
            is last touch the same as final inspection in that it's intended for body shops?
            mike can you just answer that, because if there isn't much difference, i'll just stick with the QD (i was planning on getting some last touch since people give it great reviews, just to try out)
            thanks
            Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
            Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

lecchilo: they all work the same. Last touch doesn't seem to work better than QD. I use Last Touch because it comes in 4 L bottles instead of the small sprayers like QD. (and in the end it's cheaper because of the dilution)

Last touch contains (I believe) very small amounts of silicone, which is a big no in body shop / paint shop environments. So like Mike said, M34 if you work in fresh paint environments (or on fresh paint) and all the others (QD, speed detailer, Last touch) if you're just detailing around.

Some of my fellow detailers however always use M34 because owners sometimes forget to mention they had their car repainted so to be sure, they always use M34. I use a checklist whenever a vehicle checks in and fresh paint (Y/n) is one of the questions, based on that information I use m34 or Last Touch.
              showroomglaze.net

Comment

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
                is last touch the same as final inspection in that it's intended for body shops?
                Last Touch and M34 are very different products. Only M34 is Body Shop Safe.

Originally posted by lecchilo View Post
                mike can you just answer that, because if there isn't much difference, i'll just stick with the QD (i was planning on getting some last touch since people give it great reviews, just to try out)
                thanks
                Last Touch is a slicker, higher gloss detailer than our other mist and wipe products, it can also be diluted 1:1 with water when using it as a clay lube.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Last Touch is a slicker, higher gloss detailer than our other mist and wipe products, it can also be diluted 1:1 with water when using it as a clay lube.
                  Doesn't that negate your earlier statement though?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  if you're an enthusiast detailer or even a Pro detailer, then it doesn't matter what kind of mist and wipe product you're using because you're not spraying fresh paint in a body shop environement.
                  Sounds like if you're a pro detailer or enthusiast detailer, there IS an advantage to Last Touch in that it produces a slicker, higher gloss final result.

Comment

I used Final Inspection about 18 years ago. I had a scent like no other, I used to want to drink it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');