• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Out Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Out Review

Product Name: Quik Out Carpet Stain Remover

Product Container: 22 oz. Black spray bottle. Three setting spray head (Off, Spray and Stream)

Product Description: Meguiars and Bissell have combined forces to create Meguiars Quik Out Carpet Stain Remover. Unlike traditional foam cleaners, this oxygen-activated formula instantly penetrates the surface to attack stains within carpet-fibers for deep, effective cleaning. Developed to remove the toughest stains, such as motor oil, grease, pet stains & coffee, Quik Out Carpet Stain Remover uses no harsh chemicals or chlorine bleaches.

Product Directions: Test for colorfastness on an inconspicuous area. Do not use if color is affected. Remove loose dirt by vacuuming and blot wet spots with a clean absorbent cloth. Spray stained area. Allow formula to penetrate for 3-5 minutes. Gently blot or rub the treated area with a clean, damp cloth. Repeat as necessary. Avoid treated area until dry. Follow up with a vacuum for maximum benefit. Note: For best results, treat stains immediately. Certain stains may cause discoloration even after cleaning.

Product Characteristics: Clear liquid. Consistency is the same as water. Smell is somewhat chemically sweet smell. It has sort of a clean smell, if that makes sense. I really didnt mind the smell at all. When sprayed on carpet it foamed up.

Product Price: Retail $4.99, thats about $0.23 per ounce. I think its a pretty good deal.

Product Performance: These are old floor mats that I have had lying around for a while. The upper left is grape jam, center is ketchup, upper right is cranberry juice, and lower right is chocolate ice cream. I am not sure what the long stain is, it was on the mat. I applied the stains and worked them into the carpet fibers, let them set for about 30 minutes. Blotted the spots with a paper towel to remove excess. Sprayed Quik Out on the stains, let stand for 5 minutes. Then blotted with a damp cloth.

Conclusion: The product worked great. Almost too easy, I plan on doing the same test allowing the stains to set for 24 hours. I wasnt sure how much product to apply to the stains. On the grape jam and ketchup I applied too much product and had a hard time absorbing it all with the damp cloth. I would recommend trying about two sprays for a small spot like the ice cream. It is hard to tell from the photos and the mats are dark but in person there are no stains left behind at all.

Photos to follow in next post
    Scott

Re: Quik Out Review

Photo of the stains before I blotted to remove excess...

Photo of the stains after I blotted to remove excess...

Photo of product in action. Notice the amount of foam. The two upper left stains have too much product in my opinion.

Photo of the end result. The only stain I can see in person is a small portion of the existing stain that got missed with the spray.

Scott

Comment

Great write up! Nice little test.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Very nice! Gotta like the "before and afters" posts!
        The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

really nice stuff have to look into it....by the way wat did u use as for the test
          - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Here is what he used:
            The upper left is grape jam, center is ketchup, upper right is cranberry juice, and lower right is chocolate ice cream. I am not sure what the long stain is, it was on the mat.

Comment

Great Write up!
              SYDSTER

Comment

worked great i see.

now i just gotta find it and then do my write up.

Comment

Good write up! I have tried it also. Good stuff!
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
                    worked great i see.

now i just gotta find it and then do my write up.
                    Some Canadian Tire's are going to be carrying it in the next few weeks.
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
                      Some Canadian Tire's are going to be carrying it in the next few weeks.

Trust me...it is worth getting! I am very pleased with its performance. I used to love the Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner, but I like this even more.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

:P i don't even have any carpet stains. I think I might just get one in case.
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Well i guess i got to go out and buy some Quick Out now. My mats look horrible from all the winter muck that has accumulated too.

Comment

This is a nice article. The little test also makes the article reliable.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');