• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine Tire Gel G-12416 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine Tire Gel G-12416 ~ Review

Product:
    This product reminds me of Endurance... For some reason I thought this would be coming in a smaller bottle, but its a great value, 16oz for $5.99. A bottle of this seems like it will last, one bottle is easily summers worth of product for one vehicle(similar to Endurance).

Application:
    I applied this product using a new High-Tech Applicator Pad. I applied one coat and let it sit for about 10 min then gave a quick wipe down to remove excess. I noticed an uneven look so I applied a second coat as stated on the bottle. Again I let it sit for 10 min and wiped the excess off with a clean cotton towel. (This is my prefered method of application, over aresol or trigger products) The product applied very easy and seemed to apply a little better than Endurance.

The Look:
    After the second coat the product had a nice uniform appearance. Like I mentioned above I wiped with a clean cotton towel, not only to remove excess but to tone the shine down slightly. I didn't notice any product sling either.

Fresh application, front:

Fresh application, rear:

Overall:
    The product looks good and I am very pleased with its performance. I have had the product on my truck for a week and driven a 100 miles(not a whole lot), we have had one day of light snow and wet roads and the product seems to be holding up quite well. This product get a big thumbs up from me!

The tires are a little dirty, more so the rear but in person the tires still have a freshly dressed look to them.

One week later, front:

One week later, rear:

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: Hot Shine Tire Gel G-12416 ~ Review

Just a quick up date.

Having used this a couple times now... The past week we have had lots of warm weather, and lots of melting snow with very wet roads. The product holds up very well even when wet. Definitely a good product!
    Brandon

Comment

Thanks for the review!

From the photos it doesn't look to be high gloss. Is that your take in person as well? Just asking because I am more a fan of the matte finish. Maybe I will have to give it a try on my snow tires.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Thanks for the review!

From the photos it doesn't look to be high gloss. Is that your take in person as well? Just asking because I am more a fan of the matte finish. Maybe I will have to give it a try on my snow tires.
        I am not a fan of High Gloss either so I wiped down with a cotton towel after the application to tone some of the shine down(as the bottle suggests). Definitely not as shiny as Insane Shine!
        Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
          I am not a fan of High Gloss either so I wiped down with a cotton towel after the application to tone some of the shine down(as the bottle suggests). Definitely not as shiny as Insane Shine!
          Thanks! I think I just might like it. Looks like a nice finish.
          Scott

Comment

I bought it and it holds up good but I have a problem with product sling. I like the high gloss shine any suggestions on how I can avoid the sling. Does anyone know if it will hurt my trucks finish. Thanks, Ray

Comment

Originally posted by father_ray View Post
              I bought it and it holds up good but I have a problem with product sling. I like the high gloss shine any suggestions on how I can avoid the sling. Does anyone know if it will hurt my trucks finish. Thanks, Ray
              make sure you thoroughly clean the tires, and work the tire gel in really well (try avoiding getting it into the tread). if you get sling onto the cars finish, use a quik detailer and microfiber towel and gently wipe away...

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. What I tried instead is to use less gel and to make sure I wipe real good and that worked no more sling on my truck. Thanks.

Comment

I fianally got to give the Hot Shine Gel a full workout! I like the extreme glossy look, so I applied two coats, waiting 10 minutes between coats per the directions. I let my GTO sit for a day before I drove it. With two coats, the shine is spectacular! The Gel is really thick and you have to work it into the rubber. I used a paint brush and it worked really great! It gives me a lot of control over the application process! In order to keep the high gloss I did not wipe any of it off.

The shine is even better than the Insane Shine! It is the wet shiny look at its best! Even after driving 50 miles on salt covered roads, it is shining just as great as when I first applied it. And also there is zero sling!

I think I just found my favorite tire gel!

RamAirV1
                  2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I am using that product and I recommend you guys to use it as well because it really works.

Comment

Anyone got a pic of an application where the shine wasnt toned down? I love alot of tire shine
                      2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
                      2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
                      1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

Here's Hot Shine Tire Gel after 1 week of daily commuting on dusty roads. Still a lot of gloss IMHO.

Hot Shine Gel does not tone down as quickly as other tire dressings.

RamAirV1
                        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I usually use Armorall foam on my tires, but when it rains the shine comes off. The local detailer by me uses a product using an oil base instead of Armorall, which has a water base. Will this survive through several water showers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayur View Post
                            Anyone got a pic of an application where the shine wasnt toned down? I love alot of tire shine
                            Not the best photo but it might help, new application. It has a nice shine but not to overpowering, looks good in RamAir's photo even after a little driving.
                            Brandon

Comment

Anyone know if this product is replacing Endurance? I haven't been able to find a bottle at any of the usual places, but have seen this gel available.

thx

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');