• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 Vs. Black Magic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 Vs. Black Magic?

Has anyone compared NXT 2.0 to Black Magic? Consumer Reports rated Black Magic higher than NXT, but that was before 2.0. How does 2.0 hold up compared to Black Magic? Thanks.
    2006 Chopped and Dropped Dodge Grand Caravan SXT

Re: NXT 2.0 Vs. Black Magic?

IMHO, NXT 2.0 has no competition...unless it's #21 2.0.

Comment

You can't believe everything you read in Consumer Reports either!
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Yeah really... Consumer reports has put out some strange tests. They need to learn how to properly construct a comparison test before writing an article.
        Chris
        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Comment

When you read a wax report from Consumer Reports, it seems to me that the test is being done by people that dont like to wax cars.

Comment

Even given the fact that they would disagree. After reading some of thier testing results, it seems to me at least that the results were paid for. By that I mean this company paid for all the products tested in a particular review. So the results are skewed accordingly. Just typing out loud.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A View Post
                When you read a wax report from Consumer Reports, it seems to me that the test is being done by people that dont like to wax cars.
                well 2.0 should win because it goes on and off with ease

Comment

yea thanks to them everytime im im in the auto dept. of a store i always see blackmagic rated number 1. that or the zymol cleanerwax. anyone ever use the blackmagic before anyway?
                  - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

If I recall that review, they rated BM highly and commented that it scratches the paint? What the heck is up with a reviewer who would highly rate a product that scratches your paint?

I'd suggest that CU has no expertise in this area (and many others) and would best serve it's readers by not reviewing products they have no credibility with. IMO, their review was aimed at the car owner who washes and waxes his car once a year.
                    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Nov 18, 2008, 01:30 PM. Reason: Replaced acronym with friendly wording.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by pcmark View Post
                      Has anyone compared NXT 2.0 to Black Magic? Consumer Reports rated Black Magic higher than NXT, but that was before 2.0. How does 2.0 hold up compared to Black Magic? Thanks.
                      For about $25.00 you can purchase both and do your own comparison, at the end of the day the only opinion that really matters is yours. If our NXT 2.0 doesn't meet your expectations then take your receipt and the product back to the store where you bought it and take advantage of our satisfaction guarantee.

You be the judge.

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
                        ...anyone ever use the blackmagic before anyway?
                        I have. It's actually very good stuff, just not as easy to remove as NXT 2.0. I also read the article from CR and they never stated that Black Magic scratches the paint.

If you want to know how it compares to NXT 2.0, I did a review. It's on the old CS forum. For whatever reason the pictures don't show up anymore. Sorry.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

I also read the consumer reports article, and here is my take on it.

in the test, they reviewed cleaner waxes alongside the black magic stuff. my attitude is that is comparing apples to oranges. CR was only interested it how long the wax lasts, defect removal wasn't a priority. the article was aimed at those people that consider waxing to be a pain in the butt).

these waxes were not tested by people that are passionate about detailing.

-nick

The Black magic stuff IS good, but there is better stuff out there
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

the tests are designed for people that wash their car a couple times a year, and wax once a year.
                            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonBlack View Post

these waxes were not tested by people that are passionate about detailing.
                              That is an excellent one sentence summary.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');