• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05 Neon Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Neon Revisited

Gang,

My first days off in a long time with sunny weather and warm enough to play outside. I really wanted to wash my Neon and treat her to a proper make over since winter was kinda harsh.

My only process was a darn good wash. It still needs a little paint correction but we are expecting some not so good weather and will wait....maybe. I have been maintaining with ColorX so the swirls won't be so bad.

Process:
    Meguiars Soft Soap - Wash 2 buckets.
    Dry - Meguiars Supreme Shine Towels.
    UQD on paint.
    Cleaner Wax on wheels
    Hot Shine on Tires.
    #40 on wheel wells.
    Gold Class Trim Detailer on exterior black trim and most outer door seals (for color purposes)
    Shampooed with old Meguiars Carpet cleaner (pink bottle) and extracted
    #40 on interior.
    Removed front seats and vacuumed floor and seats (and extract coffee from back seat from a leaky thermos )
    PlastX for headlights and tail lights

Thanks for looking....

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Interior shots:

You can still see moisture on the seams from shampooing. I got it pretty dry but the seat fabric is hard to maintain.

I do the door jambs too:

We are going to Reno in a few days and my wife's Chariot awaits her

Thanks again for looking.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: 05 Neon Revisited

Hey Arron,

Great Job!

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Looks good Aaron!
      Scott

Comment

Looks great!! I really like that color and wheel combo, goes great together. Lots of gloss on it as well!!

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I live in Reno so i'll keep a look out for your Neon.

Comment

Way to make the Mopar look killer. I love the burnt orange paint. Hot!
            2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
            2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Every time I see a picture of that neon all I can think of is WOW thats orange... and WOW thats some shine.

Comment

Very nice jog Aaron

Comment

Aaron, your neon looks fantastic. I bet the wife was happy. Enjoy your trip to Reno. Once again great work.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Car looks great. Great job maintaining it.
                    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Yeah, looking good!

Hope you win big in Reno too.

Comment

Thanks to you all.

Corolla, we are at the Eldorado and hope to win big on the nickel machines LOL.

We are going to "Catch A Rising Star" Sat night and gamble a little, Sportsman Warehouse, Cabelas and mess around, oh yeah, need some stogies

It is a nicer day than yesterday, and I may break out the G100 and a full bottle of PATIENCE and do some runs with 80 on the Neon (after a proper claying of course )

Wish us luck hope we win big, may try a table or two of black jack at Cal Neva.

Hope I don't eat too much yeah right!!

Aaron

Comment

amazing!
                          I like neon's in general, but this is the most amazingly clean one I have seen
                          -Don't take it to reno, park it in a climate controlled art museum!
                          Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                            Thanks to you all.

Corolla, we are at the Eldorado and hope to win big on the nickel machines LOL.

We are going to "Catch A Rising Star" Sat night and gamble a little, Sportsman Warehouse, Cabelas and mess around, oh yeah, need some stogies

It is a nicer day than yesterday, and I may break out the G100 and a full bottle of PATIENCE and do some runs with 80 on the Neon (after a proper claying of course )

Wish us luck hope we win big, may try a table or two of black jack at Cal Neva.

Hope I don't eat too much yeah right!!

Aaron
                            Make sure you check out the buffet in the Eldorado. It's the best one around.

I wish you good luck and may you win big!

Comment

Here's an update. I brought a full bottle of Patience and almost used the whole bottle. I did just the hood.

Process:

M80/8006 - 3 passes, not happy
                              M83/8006 - 2 passes, happy
                              M09/8006 - 1 pass-happy
                              NXT 2.0/9006 - 2 coat (great stuff)

I did 3 passes of M80 and did not like the results. I think the clear coat on this beast is hard as glass. I did not want to break out the rotary just yet. I laid down 2 passes of M83 and watched the swirls disappear in front of my eyes. I did 2 passes in all. I noticed some slight marring and decided to do a pass of M09 all with the 8006 pad. 83 is quite finicky, I made sure and cleaned the pad after every application. I did sneak by with every other application but the pad loads up thus stopping it's circular motion. I broke the hood up into 6 places to make it easier. I had some slight dusting on the M83 but nothing too bad. I did have to use QD to wipe the 83 off at times. The M09 came off pretty easy. I had tremendous patience and bout used it all. Now I have to get my 12 year old from school and finish up claying and laying down some wax.

Before: Not too horrid:

After the 3 passes of 80 (I did this in one test spot):

After M83:

More M83:

I think when I was done with the 83/09

Just another shot in sun:

All done with NXT on her, brings out that Orange Blast paint pretty nice:

The world is spinning as it should, my patience paid off and All is good. I went out with a clean conscience and did what I was supposed to and did not cut corners. If you do, you pay and it takes longer. I need to buy an iPod to do work with.

Thanks to Mike and the gang for testing my G100 out at an open garage and now I can practice. This is my third all around use of the G100 and the first shot was okay, 2nd on an Excursion sucked and now with proper procedure, I think the rest of the car will be awesome!

Thanks for looking again.

note: the dent is from a softball, the kids lived. it's the wifes car. The car has several tiny chips in the paint from road rocks. I may take it to the dealer (7/70,000 warranty) and have the paint evaluated. The front bumper is terrible but looks okay when done. I did just the hood and will work on the rest later. SHOOT I'M LATE PICKING UP KIDS FROM SCHOOL.

L8R

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');