• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Very special morning ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Very special morning ......

This morning (May 10th, 2008) I had the honor of standing watch over the Vietnam Veterans Mobile Memorial. Myself and five other people had the 4am to 8 am shift.

Our duties included security and helping visitors find names on the wall.

4am Covina Park ..

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: A Very special morning ......

About 5:30- 6am - sunrise.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Very Nice Joe. Thanks for sharing.

There are way to many names of our lost brothers and sisters on that wall.

Andy
      101impala
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Here two volunteers are helping finding names on the database.

I had a wonderful time. I rubbed elbows with a bunch of veterans and other proud Americans.

Here is the "walls" official web site. Look up the travel schedule and volunteer if it will be near you!

THE WALL

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
          Very Nice Joe. Thanks for sharing.

Andy
          101impala

I'll tell you I didn't expect the feeling I got when I arrived onsite. I was hit with tremendous emotion. Yea tough guy Joe, eyes teared up, lump in my throat. Seeing it is very powerful.

It will be in Covina 'til Monday. Then it is off to Temple City. Any So Cal residents are encouraged to visit it.

Comment

A cute thumbs up icon nor a dancing bananna seem appropriate, but a heartfelt salute to those who served, and died, and to those who remember is in order. Must have been a remarkable sunrise experience.

Not to muddy the water, but for some reason I'll mention that I just got a call that my brother-in-law, who served in the Air Force in that era--I got a call that my brother-in-law's wife died this morning after years of suffering from MS. He had stood by her and served her faithfully through some long and difficult days and decades.
            Michael
            Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Thanks Joe! My brother was over there, he still will not talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
                58,256 names!

Comment

I had the pleasure of seeing this while I was in DC and the volunteers there served with the names etched in the wall that they stood next to. Very powerful stuff and they told some great stories about their buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by jayharold View Post
                    Thanks Joe! My brother was over there, he still will not talk about it.
                    He may never be ready to talk about it.
                    That war has taken, and is still taking a huge emotional toll on all who have been there.

While at the VA with my grandfather, I was visiting the Psych Ward, and many of the occupants were in their late 40's or mid 50's-all veterans of the Viet Nam conflict. (This was back in 1994)

We must NEVER FORGET!!

Comment

I think one of these is in order:

I would love to visit the Wall one day!!!

Comment

Thanks Joe for sharing. My respects to all those who have served and still serving.
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Joe thanks very much for sharing. It was a great thing you did volunteering to guard the wall. We should never forget all those who have served to preserve our freedoms. Thanks again for sharing.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');