• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M82 seems watery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M82 seems watery?

M82 seems watery?

my m82 feels watery even after shaking it. is it normal

Initially when i bought it about 1year ago, it felt thicker. as thick as m83.
    ccould it be an old stock? thanks in advance

Re: M82

Anyone care to comment?

Comment

Well my bottles are about a month old and i ran out to the garage just to compare them side by side real quick and my #82 is thicker than #83. Its not really watery at all so i think either something may be wrong with it or you just need to really shake it up some more.
      ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
      Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
      210-281-8151

Comment

I noticed the same thing with my #82,my gallon was about 3mo old at the time.it seems to work the same.

Comment

Originally posted by zaidgreat View Post
          my m82 feels watery even after shaking it. is it normal
          Initially when i bought it about 1year ago, it felt thicker. as thick as m83.
          ccould it be an old stock? thanks in advance

I had the same thing happen to my 32oz bottle and now I got another gallon I hope the same thing wont happen to my gallon of M82. Anyone from Meguiar's care to comment?

SYDSTER

Comment

I just gave my #9 (which I believe is comparable to #82) a shake up yesterday, and it seemed much more watery than #83. The bottle is a few years old now, but I do recall that it was rather liquidy when I purchased it. I moved from the consumer line to the pro line a few years back and I think #9 is similar in consistency to the consumer polish (DC2?).
            1999 Ford Contour SVT
            Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
            1966/2760

Comment

None of our paint care polishes, both pure polishes and cleaner/polishes, should have a watery consistency. Some are thinner than others for example M07 is a fairly thin or liquid consistency product but it's not watery.

After shaking it our, pour some out and feel it, if it has a uniform appearance and consistency then the next thing to do is to try it out.

If you're in doubt, take it with your receipt back to where you purchased it and either get a refund or a different bottle. If you find the product in the new bottle is the same as the last bottle it could be you're perception of the product that is off and not the product.

Here's another thing you can do, shake the bottle really well and then pour a few teaspoons out onto a white plate and take a picture of it and then post it to this forum, maybe we can help more if we can see what you're seeing?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, i tried it on a w8000 pad at 1000rpm with a rotary, the product splatters like never before. it took much longer time to break down. The weather here in Singapore is hot and humid but my products are stored in a garage so temperature is out i guess. btw my gal bot comes with the old cap.(not black, same color as bot)
                maybe i will bring it back to the distributor(Hypercoat) and ask for an exchange. its got about 3/4 bot left. Can it be done, Mike?
                Thanks all for your comments

Comment

Are you using it in a dispenser bottle or straight from the original bottle ?

LDPE bottles will leech solvents out and change the consistency of the product and even cause molding issues. I have experienced the same conditions with #82 in even HDPE bottles with gooey stuff settling on the bottom and the carrier very watery and they will not remix properly even when shakened or stirred. I just poured it out and used fresh polish from the main bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by EdT View Post
                    Are you using it in a dispenser bottle or straight from the original bottle ?

LDPE bottles will leech solvents out and change the consistency of the product and even cause molding issues. I have experienced the same conditions with #82 in even HDPE bottles with gooey stuff settling on the bottom and the carrier very watery and they will not remix properly even when shakened or stirred. I just poured it out and used fresh polish from the main bottle.
                    I guess you're right. i'm using the dispenser bottle. thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by zaidgreat
                      Well, i tried it on a w8000 pad at 1000rpm with a rotary, the product splatters like never before.
                      That's not a product problem as you'll find most if not all products formulated to be used with a rotary buffer to be "liquids".

Sounds like you need to work on your technique for "Picking up a bead" using a rotary buffer. Check out the Video links to the Rotary Buffer Video Clips in the Information Station under How To Videos.

it took much longer time to break down.
                      M82 is a very, very light cleaner/polish with a light duty diminishing abrasive, it doesn't take long to break this product down, as when using a rotary buffer and good technique, it doesn't take long to break the diminishing abrasives down. Basically hold the pad flat to the surface and make 4-8 slow, even passes and you should be in the sweet spot.

The weather here in Singapore is hot and humid but my products are stored in a garage so temperature is out i guess. btw my gal bot comes with the old cap.(not black, same color as bot)
                      maybe i will bring it back to the distributor(Hypercoat) and ask for an exchange. its got about 3/4 bot left. Can it be done, Mike?
                      Thanks all for your comments
                      Well you can try to take it back, I don't know what the return policy is for Hypercoat.

Besides the problems you've listed...

What are you working on?
                      What are you trying to accomplish?
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by EdT View Post
                        LDPE bottles will leech solvents out and change the consistency of the product and even cause molding issues.
                        Interesting, we'll send the link to this thread to our packaging engineer. Chances are good he's aware of all the ramifications of choosing one type of plastic over another type of plastic for use with different types of chemicals.

Wonder if the pour-off bottle zaidgreat is using is a Meguiar's pour-off bottle or some other pour off bottle as I'm pretty confident our chemists have taken in the problems you bring up with choice of plastic decades ago...

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

[QUOTE]
                          Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                          That's not a product problem as you'll find most if not all products formulated to be used with a rotary buffer to be "liquids".

M82 is a very, very light cleaner/polish with a light duty diminishing abrasive, it doesn't take long to break this product down, as when using a rotary buffer and good technique, it doesn't take long to break the diminishing abrasives down. Basically hold the pad flat to the surface and make 4-8 slow, even passes and you should be in the sweet spot.
                          Well, my m83 breaks down faster than my current m82. After shaking hard and long, my m82 does not show product separation, only that it felt more watery than before so when i tried to buff even at very low rpm it still splatters. Guess i just have to request for a replacement.

Comment

QUOTE]Wonder if the pour-off bottle zaidgreat is using is a Meguiar's pour-off bottle or some other pour off bottle as I'm pretty confident our chemists have taken in the problems you bring up with choice of plastic decades ago...
                            I'm using m9912.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                              Interesting, we'll send the link to this thread to our packaging engineer. Chances are good he's aware of all the ramifications of choosing one type of plastic over another type of plastic for use with different types of chemicals.

Wonder if the pour-off bottle zaidgreat is using is a Meguiar's pour-off bottle or some other pour off bottle as I'm pretty confident our chemists have taken in the problems you bring up with choice of plastic decades ago...

The original product bottle and Meguiar's dispenser bottles are HDPE, what I am not sure of is what the end users are using as dispenser bottles.

I bought two dozen LDPE dispenser bottles from American Plastics and they are no good for polishes !, most will list the type of plastic on the bottom of the bottles.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');