• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad traing or bad products or both!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad traing or bad products or both!

Here are a few before pics of one of my clients X5 after returning from one of the largest bodyshops in the San Gabriel Valley. The pass. side door, fender and the hood were repainted.

Just beautiful isn't it?

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

I used diamond cut with a wool pad followed by DACP and the yellow polishing pad. That was followed with #9 on a tan pad using the porter cable.

No sealant for now. I will top it with NXT or #20 in 2-3 months.

The plastic trim wears #38. The tire wears #40 and the wheel wells are dressed with a coat of hyper dressing.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I can't believe they let it out of the shop looking that bad....Shame on them...

And you did a fantastic job cleaning up their mess....
      Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
      08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
      98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
      82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

very nice job you ve done there...

was this a second used car or a brand new car?I can`t believe a shop really would sell this in the first state

Comment

As always, very well done!
          A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. This is a brand new X5 with the dealer paper plates still on it.

Comment

The first time I had a 3-stage meguiar's detail had that result.. It was just from a gas station from another country but they said they used meguiar's products that's why I had it done.. I thought that it was a good job since it looks like it has just been "polished".. Lol! Boy I was wrong.. hahaha!

Nice job BTW!!!!!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

That has to be bad training. With the proper training the work could have been better with TW products!!

Good job making it perfect Joe!
                Quadruple Honda Owner
                Black cars are easy!

Comment

Excellent Work Joe,

You did a great save as always!

You know..I lean towards bad training on this!

On the other hand..thought provokes me to consider that the..and dare I call him/her so..."Detailer" really doesn't care and just wants the pay!

Anyone with pride, passion and ethics in what they do would surely see that mess!

These ethic's do come with the "training" I suppose and it appears there was little!

Again..excellent work!
                  My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Very nice, but geez! How can a body shop live with itself let alone stay in business if they turn out work like that?
                    Later,
                    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                      [B]I used diamond cut with a wool pad followed by DACP and the yellow polishing pad. That was followed with #9 on a tan pad using the porter cable.
                      AWESOME! Sorry for the noob question but did you use the diamond cut compound with the wool pad on a PC or rotary?

Comment

I can't believe they would even let it roll off the lot looking like that!

SS.... Also kind of an add on to mike_c70's question. Do you use a PC on all of your jobs or a rotary or sometimes this and sometimes that?
                        Last edited by gb387; Aug 28, 2004, 07:08 AM.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

great job, hard to believe a body shop can do that. seems like it would be the opposite of their intent, but I have seen even worse from body shops. great fix!!!
                          2019 GMC Sierra
                          1500 AT4

Comment

A wool pad is 99.9% of the time used with the rotory only.

Comment

Typical excellent work by you, Joe! Not only is the paint swirl free now, but the true color also shows through.

Those swirls are why I recommend only one body shop to my customers, because they are the only ones who seem to actually know how to buff out a car after wetsanding (compound/wool, polish-swirl remover/foam, glaze/foam waffle). Seems like everyone else uses a rotary, wool pads, heavy compound and then stops. Just disgusting.
                              Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');