• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PADS,flex, buying tomorrow , HELP inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PADS,flex, buying tomorrow , HELP inside.

I'm starting out with my own detailing project for family / friends for free, because i like doing it on my spare time,and i religiously clean my car all the time.

My question is : I plan on purchasing the FLEX, and I'm considering getting one of teh package deals with the pads included. I have the option to choose which pads i want, 10 pads total. What would bee the best pads to get ? I dont think I'll use the yellow pad,blue or gray. I dont think I'll need the yellow because its a "heavy" cutting pad, and the blue & grey ones are for wax ,correct, and people say to apply the wax "by hand". So I would rather get all the pads i would actually use the most, (orange,white,etc..)

help me out here.
    also, what types of polish should i buy ?

brand name and cut ? Do i just need a moderate cutting polish & a finish polish ?

thanks for lookin & helpin

Re: PADS,flex, buying tomorrow , HELP inside.

Originally posted by schybrid View Post
    also, what types of polish should i buy ?

brand name and cut ?
    Meguiar's

As you are just starting I would suggest you get some M80 and D151 as they are sure to be used all the time, are easy to work with, and cover polishing/finishing need well.

When it comes to pads I assume you are not talking Meguiar's pads as you mention blue pad which Meguiar's does not make. If that is correct I strongly encourage you to check out new Meguiar's SoftBuff 2.0 pads as there is a lot to like about them.

Comment

Originally posted by schybrid View Post
      My question is : I plan on purchasing the FLEX, and I'm considering getting one of the package deals with the pads included.

I have the option to choose which pads i want, 10 pads total.

Where is this package deal you're talking about?

Regardless... what you're going to find out is that after detailing a car you're going to need to clean your pads to preserve them for the next job.

If you look at the forum homepage, at least at the time of this post you'll see this...

***Announcement***

NEW! Machine Washable Foam Pads!

W7207 - Foam Cutting Pad - Maroon

W8207 - Foam Polishing Pad - Yellow

W9207 - Foam Finishing Pad - Black

Click here to read more, ask questions or post your comments!

Package deals are great but what's even better is being able to throw your pads in the washing machine and then set it and forget it.

Because the pads in the package deal you're referring to are not Meguiar's pads you might be better to ask the manufacture which of their pads they recommend.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If at all possible I would get the new softbuff pads from Meguiars. Being Machine washable is a great option.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I would get what Mike suggested in the follow quantity: (2) Maroon 2.0 pads, (4) Yellow Polishing pads, (2) Black Finishing pads, (2) Lake country purple foamed wool pads for more serious cutting. That should be an awesome start setup...

Comment

If you are ording from ads he has the 6 pack of 2.0 pads in stock now. - of course i don't know where you are ording from-

Comment

Package includes Flex XC 3401 VRG, Lake Country Black Fine Finishing Pad, Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad, Lake Country White Polishing Pad, and Lake Country Snappy Clean Boost Pad Cleaner

Comment

can you fit any pads to the flex, due to it backing plate was the problem i was told? i was told something was being developed...

Comment

Originally posted by christian6984 View Post
                  can you fit any pads to the flex, due to it backing plate was the problem i was told? i was told something was being developed...
                  You can fit any pad whose velcro size is at least 5.5".

Comment

You might want to check out

and compare. If you want those products then you will probably need to stay but if you replace some with mg's products then you can look here also. Now the other thing is that I didn't get a side arm on my flex so that might be something to consider before you make your purchase. Hope that helps.

p.s. Give Rick an email or call at ADS before you place your order. he can give you some great advice if you need it.

Comment

**bmp**

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');