• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallic Red Kia Spectra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic Red Kia Spectra

This is a job I did for a buddy of mine. He wanted to have his moms car cleaned up as a gift. The paint was in pretty bad shape, and actually still is. Several very deep scratches throughout the vehicle, and many as deep as to the metal. But he didn't want correction (not that I'd be capable of correcting everything, but you know what I mean), he just wanted the paint to look clean and shiny, and uniform (you'll see what I mean in the photos). So I decided to give Cleaner Wax a shot at this one. Wash DC, Quick Clay, Cleaner Wax with W8006 on the G110, finished up with UQD. They, my buddy and his mom, were both very pleased with the results.

Before

Test spot

It's pretty obvious how poor the condition of the paint was. This is the hood after wash and clay.

Here is a fine example of surface bonded contaminants.

And the afters.

And the gratuitous reflection shot.

Thanx to all in advance for looking and any and all comments are welcome!

Re: Metallic Red Kia Spectra

really like the contrast between the befores and afters (eventhough there's no paint correction). The gloss is there.

Great work.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Great work. I liked the pic were you show your test spot. Great improvement.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great improvement!
        Job well done

Comment

Nice improvement to the car. I'd say you did the right thing by talking with the friend about expectations first. Then, evaluated the paint second.
          The shot with the test spot using Cleaner Wax is testament to the longevity of Meguiar's formulation and your proper technique. Congrats! Well done.
          Rob A.
          '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
          '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

This detail work shows how invaluable Cleaner Wax is.

Some great results there, keep up the good work.
            1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Comment

Great improvement for no correction work!
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Nice job on that Kia! Looks good!

Comment

Thanx everyone for all the positive comments! I was happy with the results and they were as well. After the car was taken home my friends dad mentioned that he was going to have to get his pick up done now (I think it's a mid '70s with two colors, white on the cab top and a rootbeer color for the lower half) so that posting may be coming soon!

Comment

Great job undoing the neglect and restoring a show car shine!

Best of all, you're pictures show others what is meant by doing a "Test Spot" as you clearly taped off a small section on the hood and tested your products and process to insure everything worked and gave you the results you were looking for.

This is a Test Spot
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');