• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Meguiar's Veteran near Greensboro, NC for Imperfection Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Meguiar's Veteran near Greensboro, NC for Imperfection Help!

I have a 1987 Mercedes 300 SDL...

I have a few spots in the paint that are pretty rough though not big...and on the hood, roof and trunk....The car sat for a long time...so I am not sure if it clearcoat or what...I used some colorx and an orbital and the difference was mind bending...but it still did not get rid of these marks from the car sitting...Most likely its bird **** that sat for months on the paint and pitted thru layers of the paint...

I was wondering if there was someone locally who has a rotary and experience with the dual action polish pro grade or something similar that could try and touch up and buff out these marks that I could pay for their help....Though I do not want to do the whole car...just these marks

I live in Greensboro, NC

Please hit me up on here or PM me....

Re: Need a Meguiar's Veteran near Greensboro, NC for Imperfection Help!

I just sent an email to another guy I know in Greensboro that has some experience.

Can you post a picture or two of what you're problems are?
    Rob A.
    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

I dont have a digital camera....as I menionted I think the spot were from bird ****...since this car sat for a LONG time before I got it...the two biggest ones are about the as big around as the midsection of a lemon...

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbopugsleylx View Post
          Anyone?
          Without a picture it's hard to say for certain if it can be fixed but from the age of the car, (21 year old paint), and the description of the defects and the knowledge that clear coats are pretty thin to start with, it doesn't sound like these defects can be removed safely or without re-painting.

Sorry...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Still looking for someone in NC who might be able to help me...

Comment

I am in Greensboro. I would be willing to take a look at it.
              Dans Tech Reviews | Wii Shopper

Comment

Take your car to a reputable body shop and ask for their opinion.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

good day mr mike,

can you further explain to me the oxidation that is happening to paint finish?

thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by danponjican View Post
                    I am in Greensboro. I would be willing to take a look at it.

Any updates on what's going on with the paint?

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by kadyers View Post
                      good day mr mike,

can you further explain to me the oxidation that is happening to paint finish?

thanks a lot.
                      Actually, without being there in person or a good picture we don't know what the problem is.

Single stage paints tend to oxidize while clear coat paints suffer from swirls and scratches...

Clear coat finishes can go bad and when they do we call this clearcoat failure and there's nothing that can be done to fix it except to repaint the car or the affected area.

Most people new to detailing call clearcoat failure oxidation because they don't know the difference, they just know the word oxidation..

To help educate everyone on this topic we wrote the below article...

The Clearcoat Failure Photo Archive

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If you need a true Pro, Matt is the real deal!

www.mobiledetailmagic.com
                        (704) 668-1747
                        His business is located in charlotte but he also offers a mobile service! Tell Matt Renny sent you his direction if you do contact him...he is a fantastic detailer!
                        Renny Doyle
                        Attention To Details
                        "Detailers of Air Force One"
                        www.detailingsuccess.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');