• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flex Buffing Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Buffing Machine

What is this Flex buffing machine I keep hearing more and more about? I get the impression it's more effective then the PC, yet not a rotary. Is it guaranteed to not burn your paint like the PC?

Matt

Re: Flex Buffing Machine

its sorta in the middle, produces the result of a rotary but not as quick, yes it prob could burn through, but not as likely to do so.

Comment

The Flex has 2 major model type. One is a DA polisher (similar to PC) and the other is a rotary (similar to a Dewalt). The once you are perhaps refering to is the DA version.
      It is a direct drive DA polisher. Strength level is between a PC and a Dewalt. It more forgiving than a rotary. Flex is an excellent machine for moderate defect removal. As for removing sanding marks, I would still get a rotary. Cost is about $275 USD.
      This is one of my "dream machine".

Comment

If you are doing light to medium restoration Flex is good enough. Also on Japanese cars, it's enough.

But for hard paint and deep scratches, it is just too demanding on the 3401 and the user.

I used it with #105 and W7006 cutting pad and it works on a Mercedes paint (hard) as well. But it takes 3 passes with lots of pressure to get it done which doesn't make sense due to the time and energy required.

Comment

Interesting, it sounds like a good tool to have in your arsenal.

Comment

it a great tool, even the DA version, the problem over here in England is... and im not kidding it costs around £350. I have found a good rotary and PTG (this is the bulk of the cost) for just over £200 backing pads and all.

Heres a review of the DA version if it helps, its very convincing

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');