• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dilution Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilution Chart

I've been wanting to make something like this for my use and figured some of you might find it handy too. I'm not good with Excel so all the numbers are manually put in there and not formulas. Let me know if you find a mistake or typo. I was never good with ratios so I hope I didn't screw it up too bad.

A little explanation... Across the top of the chart is how much product you want to mix up. Along the left is the different dilutions. Where they meet is the amount of product to use. So if you wanted to make a 16 oz bottle of Hyper Dressing at 1:3, you would put 4 oz of Hyper Dressing in the bottle then fill the rest with water. I did round everything, I figure it's pretty hard to measure anything smaller than a 1/10 of an oz.

Here's a link to some of the Detailer Line products with suggested dilutions.
    Scott

Re: Dilution Chart

That should come in handy quite often...I use the guesstimation method for unmarked ratios on bottles.

Thanks...I'll try to incorporate this into the database version 2.0.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Thanks Scott. This will come in handy.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks a lot for the useful chart. So this is what you wanted to put up from excel. Very nice!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
          Thanks a lot for the useful chart. So this is what you wanted to put up from excel. Very nice!!
          Yep that's it. I wish I knew enough about Excel to do those cool formulas to figure out all the numbers. I can add and subtract and do averages but no idea how to do ratios. Oh well it's done.
          Scott

Comment

Nice work Scott...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great chart!
              Thanks
              Heatgain (Gary)
              The Irate Magistrate
              Neutral & Detached

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                Yep that's it. I wish I knew enough about Excel to do those cool formulas to figure out all the numbers. I can add and subtract and do averages but no idea how to do ratios. Oh well it's done.
                Ratios are just percentages, if you can multiply in Excel, you can do ratios.

eg:

your first entry, 8oz @ 1:1. 1:1 is a 50% dilution, 50% = .5 So the formula cell should look something like this.

(C4*.5)
                That formula is entered into the cell in which the dilution amount will appear, in this case it would be cell C5 (where the 4 is).

C4 is the cell that contains the amount you want to dilute, .5 is the ratio.

NOTE: You have to assign a value to the cell you are multiplying the ratio with. If you notice I used C4, while your column header is in C3. In cell C4 simply enter the formula '8' to indicate 8oz. do the same thing for each column 16, 32, 64, 128................. (you may be able to enter a formula behind your column header as well. ie: formula=8 in the back ground and 8oz=text in the foreground. It's been a while since I've played with Excel and can't remember if it will allow formula and test in the same cell or not.)

You should then be able to copy the formula across the row and it will insert the correct column indicator (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h........) into the formula for you. So you only have to calculate percentage of product once, then the program will calculate all of the product amounts for you.

To get the rest of the dilution ratios simply add the dilution ratio together to get the total of the parts then divide 1 by the total of the parts.

eg:

1:10 is 1 part product: 10 parts water.
                1+10=11 (the total number of parts in the bottle).
                Now divide the 1 (the product part) by 11 (the total parts) and you get .09090909090909..................... (this is your ratio or %). You can round up to 1 or just plug in .09, whichever you prefer.

Plug that into the cell (C4*.1) and you should get:

(8*.1)= .8
                or
                (8*.0909090909090)=.727272727272

Thanks for the chart,

HTH

Brock

Brock
                Last edited by RogueGypsy; Nov 7, 2008, 11:33 AM. Reason: assign formula to cell
                Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thanks for the chart!
                  I have saved it in my Detailing folder, and will use it often

thanks again

RogueGypsy, thank you for your helpful instructions

-nick
                  Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

That is awesome, what I was looking for when I pre-dilute solution for my bottles.

Good show
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Thanks for the chart

Comment

Thanks Brock! I'll give that a shot in excel when I get time.
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');