• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'05 Neon Interior.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 Neon Interior.....

Gang,

The interior of our '05 interior was just trashed after a harsh winter and a teenager that just got his license and was using it for school and wandering around skating.....

I tore a lot of the interior apart, cleaned and put back together with just a few screws left over

Process:

Take apart
    APC+ liberally, rinse, extract
    Dressing: Natural Shine, M40 on rubber weather stripping.
    Put back together
    Ibuprofen for sore back

Floor Mats: Washing machine, rinsed twice.

Kid's make sure you clean your washer out if doing this sort of stuff, the wifey gets ticked if she finds a handful of sand in the bottom after washing your stuff!

I have a lot of pictures so bear with me

Befores:

Front seats out obviously.....

Ick:

I did find these pretty handy to remove the air vent gizmo's, it's a tool to remove tires from bicycle rims. They are plastic and have a hook. I got these from a Bell tube repair kit. Most WM's have them I think.

I'm bowing the plastic on the vent so be careful kids, some older cars may be brittle! Mine are pretty flexible but I did check

I tore the face plate off of the center to scrub, the vent's are in the bucket of left over car wash (NXT) for soaking. I washed with APC. This wouldn't fit.....LOL

I took the console out, that was a chore and low and behold, did not break one piece of plastic!

This is what's under the console, shifter stuff.....See the computer module in front of the hand brake? DO NOT GET IT WET, Mercedes (Part of Dodge at the time), had trouble with these getting wet and it would not run/shift or something after getting wet with cup holders above them that leaked when condensation would go through and get the computer wet. They updated all of the cupholders above the module and made it more moisture proof.....FYI!

This is the console, under arm rest storage, the pennies are stuck in what I believe is chapstick. I used Dawn and a good scrubbing to get it out. It was nasty.

The vent removed, now I can clean behind it:

Center Console with faceplate removed:

Been a rough winter, my days off it would rain/snow, work, beautiful days, shoulda called in sick! LOL

This is my Wife's car, so her froggy is going to get a bath too! She likes frogs. Actually she likes the Yukon better but we always end up swapping.

Now for some cleaning: APC+, this stuff is awesome, first time I've used it for major cleaning:

I took the front seats out as mentioned and scrubbed them in my back room. Sprayed APC+ on, soak a moment, agitate, rinse, extract with shop vac, repeat rinse, extract again, set outside in sun to dry:

Took the plastic off and cleaned and dressed it:

This, just after one seat, ewwww it was just hot water to rinse my microfiber:

Much better: Start over with other seat: Same process

Back in black, these seats are hard to keep clean, APC+ is the bomb for Dodge Neon's.

Starting to come together:

I don't even want to know what happened here, couldn't hold it? or what? I asked my wife and she laughed at my theory..... I washed the back seats same as the fronts so nothing new here.

Came out though.....don't mind the seat belt latch, it's still wet and looks terrible in this picture. It's just wet and I didn't finish wiping it down yet. They do look oxidized, but they are not, just wet from me moving them while extracting! Really! LOL.

I also ripped the weather stripping off of all the doors, gave them a bath and treated them to some M40 heavily then final wiped them. Harsh winter boys and girls! Gotta love M40 to treat the rubber and get them good as new.

I was putting the stripping back on in-between working on the rest, something about being upright versus hunched over to give the ol' back a rest.

I used QD on the areas beneath the weather stripping to clean it up. Some of it was nasty! But now looks much better.

APC+ goes a long way, this is what I have left on my quest to clean the interior. I sprayed pretty heavily on everything too! Little goes a long ways!

Kids, remember where the seat mounts are before crashing down on your rockers and leave a dent and a deep scratch! It's in the middle if you can't tell. It's pretty nasty in person! I may try to scratchX it out and leave it as a reminder!

Some afters. Just that dot or two that wouldn't go away, oh well, can't be perfect for a kid hauler.....Passenger rear:

Rear Passenger door:

Passenger side:

Passenger door:

Rear Drivers side door (no seating area, dang forgot)

Front drivers side:

Drivers door:

It was a 1 1/2 dayer and I was working on the paint today inbetween letting the seats dry. I also clayed the wheels in preparation for a royal cleaning and waxing! Was trying out UC and SwirlX with my G100. Just about done with her!

Thanks for looking.

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: '05 Neon Interior.....

oustanding job...by removing the front seats you are able to do a thorough interior clean....

Comment

Nice Work, It looks amazing

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Great write up and use of pictures.

The neon looks great. Way to go Aaron.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

nice work

Comment

Great Job Aaron!!
            Looks Like It Just Came Off the Lot!!
            Nice Work!!
            After All that hard work, I would hate it to go back to the before pictures!!
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Your Neon looks great! that interior looks brand new.

nice job Nappers!
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great job Aaron. Don't you wish you could train everyone to be as clean as you? I have pretty much got wifey trained and there are no kids at home, so my rides stay pretty clean inside.
                Again , great job and a lot of work.

Dave
                You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

That looked like a lot of work, but the results are fantastic! Excellent writeup and pictures!

I always thought that weather stripping is glued on. This is not the case? You can pull it off and it more or less snaps back on?

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Just awesome work

Comment

Awesome job Aaron! That seems like a whole days work but well worth it.
                      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Great work, the interior looks fantastic.

When you cleaned your seats, how did you rinse them?

Comment

Nice job. I do the same every spring. Take the seats out to make sure everything is cleaned.
                          If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                            Gang,

Much better: Start over with other seat: Same process

Passenger side:

I must say that is one Heck of a transformation, Good Job man!!!!
                            But one problem, those Tony Stewart crocs you have on... haha I take it you got the car the same color for his too??? HAHA just messing with you man, but He is a red car now... Time for a croc scheme change hahaha. (I prefer the campion Johnson more, but Tony is my second favorite)
                            Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Comment

Very nice. I often like to disassemble a car/truck like this if I buy it used.. Just so cathartic to know it is cleaner than it's been since it was new.
                              2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');