• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reason to get APC over APC+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason to get APC over APC+

Any reason to get APC over APC+. It seems like + can do everything plus more than APC.

Also a side note, what do you guys use Super Degreaser on? I feel tempted to get some just because it is so cheap for a gallon.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Any reason to get APC over APC+

APC+ and APC are both great. APC makes more suds.

Super Degreaser is great for cleaning pads. Also Engine bays. When I am stripping a car of the wax I will usually put a few drops in with my soap but I don't think its recommended by Meg's for use on paint.
    If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

As Jokeman pointed out, APC is a foaming cleaner and this can help you to see where you've worked the product when cleaning carpets and other fabrics. Kind of a small benefit but an important one in the car detailing industry.

The Super Degrease is an excellent engine compartment degreaser and it's primary purpose.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        As Jokeman pointed out, APC is a foaming cleaner and this can help you to see where you've worked the product when cleaning carpets and other fabrics. Kind of a small benefit but an important one in the car detailing industry.

The Super Degrease is an excellent engine compartment degreaser and it's primary purpose.

So APC+'s low foaming is for carpet extractor's correct? But APC's foam makes it better for cleaning by hand? APC doesn't have any fabric softeners right?

Comment

I have APC and i love it for cleaning interiors, engines, carpets, tires, wheelwells, etc. I have not come across anything where i thought i needed APC Plus
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            I have APC and i love it for cleaning interiors, engines, carpets, tires, wheelwells, etc. I have not come across anything where i thought i needed APC Plus
            APC+ is great for doing carpets.
            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
              APC+ is great for doing carpets.

Now I am a tad bit confused. I have been using APC+ on carpets by hand and extracting with just a shop vac. I personally think it has worked quite well, but I have never used APC on carpets. Is there any other benefit to APC over APC+ besies that it foams up? It seems like that is all APC+ does not have because it was made with that intention, plus it has fabric softeners and degreaser. So would the only benefit to getting APC be to see the foam?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc_11890 View Post
                only benefit to getting APC be to see the foam?
                If that's an important feature then 'yes'

APC+ is a better overall product, just low foaming for use in extractors.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have a question on how people use APC. Do people put it in spray bottles and dispense, is it used in machines, or otherwise? My primary usage of APC is in the spray bottle, but due to its incredible foaming action, I can't for the life of me, get the stuff to come out of the spray bottle. (Fizzle-failure-foam-impossibility-action with which you may be familiar if you've ever tried using it w/ a spray bottle). I'll obviously pick up some APC+ next time to remedy this issue because I want an APC that can be used with a spray bottle, and APC as I've found, is udderly incompatible with such usage. I'm trying extremely hard to mask my frustration, so I'll leave it at that .

What's a common way that people use APC? Dilute it in a bucket and dip a brush/sponge and scrub away? After experiencing it with the spray bottle, I can't imagine that's actually a method, so I'd love to hear some ideas because I don't want to get rid of a chemical that smells so great, cleans so well, and is gentle all at the same time. Just wish it was...easier to use . Which is of course why I'll upgrade to APC+ in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');