• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 2.0 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 2.0 problem

Just would like to see some responses from the CS team on my issue with my batch of m21 2.0.

I'm seeing some water floating on top when stored in the M9912 bottle.
    Storage wise, never been under the sun or frozen. Always kept at a room temp. and out of direct sunlight (referring to both the M9912 bottle and my 64oz bottle)

When I apply via yellow app. pad and/or G220, I'll get some water droplets on the paint. Its like there's excess water on my pad (even though its dry to start with) no matter how long or hard I shake the bottle before using.

If memory serves me right bought it around early 2008 (Jan if not mistaken) .

I'm just concerned on having a non performing product.
    Hope to receive some advise/opinions on this.

Thank you.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Re: M21 2.0 problem

If you shake it, does it mix or you can still see the separation?

Comment

i'm with yalerd, but I would assume you followed the instruction SHAKE WELL, LOL...
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Mine also like that, I'm thinking that is normal.

Comment

My main concern is that when I apply the sealant via foam app. pad and/or finishing pad (G220), I always end up with some water droplets on the paint's surface (its like there's water on the pad yet its dry to start with). Both methods yields similar results (even if I apply out from the 64oz bottle itself). My recollection of past application (2008) did not showed any water droplets issue during product application at all.

Therefore, should I be worried that this might somewhat affect the performance of the sealant?

Thanks

Tim

Comment

What do you consider room tempertature for your part of the world? I think that may be why you are seeing this issue. You have fairly high heat and humidity in your area. Also, there should be a batch code on the bottle. This code should be on the back for the bottle below the label, stamped into the plastic.

Send me that batch code and I can do some checking, and if the bottle is not kept in a cool location, that could be the other reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom Mac Donald
            Quality Assurance Manager
            Meguiar's Inc

Comment

When I use my #21, I have to continually shake it before applying it to the pad. Otherwise I have the same thing going on as you. I have not seen any compromise in the quality of the product.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

If the product is easy to apply and remove chances are there is no real performance issues to worry about. Usually when something is wrong a product will become much tougher to apply and/or remove as well as the consistency being so far from normal shaking it up does not help.
                Brian Hann
                Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Matt, Francis, J A, 8GC - thanks guys for the input.

As for Tom & Brian, you guys rock! Thanks for the needed help. Just goes to show the quality standards of their CS team.

Comment

We try hard to keep our good reputation, but we also genuinely like helping people.

Brian Hann
                    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                    Meguiar's Inc.
                    Irvine, California
                    bhann@meguiars.com
                    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

I too on occasion have noticed small water droplets when waxing with M21 2.0. Product still protects and lasts great for me. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');