• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax

A couple of weeks ago I was able to get a tin of Meguiars new Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax. Since I am a fan of the first version I definitly wanted to give this updated version a try. I tested out the paste version of this wax and hopefully soon I can give the liquid version a try since I prefer liquid over paste waxes.

One of the things I noticed when using this updated version is that it is much easier to apply and remove than the original version. Obviously it helps to apply a very thin coat, but I was suprised how well application and removal went. This new version is just as easy to apply and remove than NXT Generation Tech Wax IMO.

The test subject was my 2007 Chevy Silverado, I just had the oil changed and the tires rotated so I figured it deserved a Wash and Wax. But the only problem was that it was extremly dirty. So a bit of a good cleaning would be in order before any wax would touch the paint. Here is what I am talking about:

I started off with an hour and a half long wash, then I lightly clayed the paint , then applied one coat of Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax. I did not do any correction work since it is still winter and there will probably be more swirls to come, plus I didnt really have the time to do it. I needed to get some protection on the paint as well since the M21 I applied in September was almolst dead.

If I get the chance to wash my truck next week then I will probably add a second coat. I only have a couple after pictures that were taken in my garage since by the time I was done it was already in the late evening. Here are the results:

I will be testing out both the paste and liquid on more vechiles and will post a follow up on how it looks on other vechiles and how durable it is. In the end I liked how it looked on my truck, it made the paint look deep and wet and reflective and that was a good thing.

In the end, I think there is a pretty big difference to justify the purchase of the newer updated version, and those who maybe did not like the original version should consider giving this a try.

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Tested out Gold Class Carnauba Plus Wax

Truck looks great! I've seen the new GC paste in walmart. I've been waiting for the liquid also before trying it. Maybe I'll have to try the paste being my wax is wearing as well.
    There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by kimchiyuk View Post
      Truck looks great! I've seen the new GC paste in walmart. I've been waiting for the liquid also before trying it. Maybe I'll have to try the paste being my wax is wearing as well.
      Thank you sir!

I couldnt find the liquid version anywhere, just the paste. And the only place I could find it was at Walmart. I think you will be suprised how easy removal of the paste is when applied thinly.
      Nick
      815-954-0773

Comment

Good Lord at the swirls, Nick. You may not want to wait til the end of winter to take care of them!!!

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Excellent Write Up!!
          Thanks for the Review!
          I may just have to going shopping again!
          Do not worry, my truck was just as bad, as yours, Nick.
          Truck Looks Great!!
          Keep Up the Great Work!!
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

That's one tight fit in the garage! Your truck looks great. I'm excited to try out the new products, I'm just waiting til area stores get them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
              Excellent Write Up!!
              Thanks for the Review!
              I may just have to going shopping again!
              Do not worry, my truck was just as bad, as yours, Nick.
              Truck Looks Great!!
              Keep Up the Great Work!!
              Originally posted by sudsbyhubbs View Post
              That's one tight fit in the garage! Your truck looks great. I'm excited to try out the new products, I'm just waiting til area stores get them in.
              Thanks guys. I cant wait to use this as my LSP on upcoming details.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

Thanks for the excellent write up Nick

Please let us know how this wax hold up in terms of durability.

Improved durability would be the only reason why I'd rush out to buy GCCP, since the original just didn't last long enough for me, though I loved every thing else about it.
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Nick,

Nice write up! Your truck looks great as always!

We got to test the GCCPW at the last TNOG last November. It is amazing how easy it is to remove. You can almost just drag your MF across the paint to remove this wax.

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    Thanks for the excellent write up Nick

Please let us know how this wax hold up in terms of durability.

Improved durability would be the only reason why I'd rush out to buy GCCP, since the original just didn't last long enough for me, though I loved every thing else about it.
                    Thank you!

Will be sure to keep you updated on durabilty.

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                    Nick,

Nice write up! Your truck looks great as always!

We got to test the GCCPW at the last TNOG last November. It is amazing how easy it is to remove. You can almost just drag your MF across the paint to remove this wax.

Mike
                    Thanks Mike!

This wax really does take little effort to remove.
                    Nick
                    815-954-0773

Comment

if the durability/longevity of it isnt as great as you want, are you able to top it with a sealant like M21 or NXT?

Also, it looks like you may have missed some wax in the top left corner of the picture where the light is shining??
                      Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                      1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                      1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

I suppose you could apply a coat of NXT or M21, nothing bad will happen.

I am pretty sure I took the picture of the tin while the wax was curing.
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

Nick, Great write up on the GC. I have been wondering about the new version. Your write up is very helpful in convincing me to give it a try. Your truck looks great as always.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                            Nick, Great write up on the GC. I have been wondering about the new version. Your write up is very helpful in convincing me to give it a try. Your truck looks great as always.
                            Thanks! Be sure to let us know how you like it
                            Nick
                            815-954-0773

Comment

wow, great looking results!!

just a question, I am located in Australia, does anyone know if im able ot purchase meguiars products online from the USA? are there rules against liquids being posted via air freight??

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');