• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red MINI CooperS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red MINI CooperS

I was finally able to borrow the camera from my mom for a few minutes and get some good shots of my car. I did a quick detail today.

Process:
    --Wash with GC (This was my first one using this wash and it was incredible!)
    --Wheels were washed with Deep Crystal Car Wash and a Walmart wash mitt
    --Tires were cleaned with Purple Power (waiting for Super Degreaser and APC to arrive) at full strength and stiff bristle brush
    --Dried with several Supreme Shines as I am waiting for my Water Magnets to come
    --I wasn't looking for perfect correction since it is a daily driver so I went with one pass of M205 with 4 W8207 Polishing Pads (they kept getting dirty for some reason and I still can not figure out why)
    --I was looking between Gold Class Plus Carnauba or NXT 2.0 and decided to go with the Gold Class because I was in the mood for a warmer, deeper shine.
    --Trim was dressed wit Eagle One Tire Shine as I have half a bottle I am trying to use up.
    --Tires were dressed liberally with Meguiars Hot Shine trigger spray

Overall, I achieved about 75-80% on the entire car which is good enough for now. In a few weeks I might give it another round of M205 and see how much better it does.

By the way, I found the long working time of M205 to be extremely helpful in pulling out these light swirls. It also makes it much easier to achieve that awesome shine.

I did 6-8 passes on each section with pressure (enough that the pad still rotates) and then lightened up for 2-3 passes (to the point where the pad was spinning almost freely; almost gliding across the paint).

Sorry about no interiors but as I said, my mom needed the camera and I was in a rush. My niece is cuter than my car anyway! LOL

Interior Process:
    --Vacuum with a standard house vaccum and a hose extension with a nozel
    --Clean/Condition leather with Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner (my favorite leather product!)
    --Dress all interior vinyl and plastic with M40
    --Used A12 Cleaner/Wax on the smooth plastic regions and undressable(word?) plastics

Now, to the pictures!

The hood came out better than expected. Sorry about no before's but my mom takes the camera wherever she goes and she spent some time with her granddaughter today (my niece) and needed the camera most of the day.

What do you guys think? Thanks for looking!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Red MINI CooperS

Nice car and nice color!
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Did you prepped the surface... maybe you were getting bonded contaminants transfered to the pads.

Nice hood shot.
      Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
      Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
      Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Thanks Marc08EX and Ryan Bihun89!

I prepped some of the lower panels with some light claying and everywhere else I wasn't pulling up anything. Perhaps I kept hitting a piece of trim.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698

Comment

Looks Great Coopers!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Your mini looks great. The car looks very good. Way to go.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks J.A. and Andrew C.!
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');