• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1St place trophy, thanks to Mike Phillips, MOL & M07!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1St place trophy, thanks to Mike Phillips, MOL & M07!

I recently joined this forum looking for easier and better ways to help slow down the aging process of the original paint on my El Camino. Though a Meguiar’s user for many years, I’ve learned more about detailing and paint restoration over the past few months than I learned over the past 40 years. After reading with great interest Mike Phillips' article on single-stage paint restoration with M07, I realized there was a lot more usefulness to M07 than just a pre-wax glaze. After a week of late nights and some serious elbow grease, the old, original paint on my Camino looked better than it had in 15 years, with not a single abrasive product used. It looked so much better, I was persuaded to enter it in a local Chevy dealer’s All-Chevy show last weekend, and brought home a 1st place trophy in the late model truck class! Once again, thanks to the MOL community for the helpful advice, and especially to member Mike Phillips for his comprehensive article. Looks like I’ll be hanging around here for a while. I hope I can help a newbie in the future as much as the MOL community has already helped me.
    Bill

Re: 1St place trophy, thanks to Mike Phillips, MOL & M07!

Congrats!

Comment

Wow that' amazing.

What a testament to M07 and a bit of knowledge.

Congrats.

Thanks Mike Phillips for the article. I read it and learned a lot from it as well.

Comment

Congrats !

Mike Pennington
        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
        Meguiar's, Inc.
        800-854-8073
        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Congrats, That is great news.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Congratulations!

That article took a long time to write and it's very rewarding to see it help others... especially to win a First Place Trophy!

By my count in Microsoft Word,

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

12,143 Words
            91 Photos

Another very detailed article I wrote has less words by a lot more photos...

Damp-Sanding Tools, Tips and Techniques by Mike Phillips
            10,758 Words
            154 Pictures

Sometimes I add my name to the title because I find people copying my articles and posting them as their own... not sure how anyone can justify that but I believe in giving due credit where due credit is due... and if you read all the way through the Dampsanding article you'll note I give credit to Jason Rose for supplying me with information specific to the new Meguiar's Unigrit Sanding and Finishing Discs.

On that note, I learned a lot about #7 from a gentleman by the name of Bill Stuart, he's a former Meguiar's RDC owner and most of you would know his most popular product, "The Absorber".

Bill is a true "Car Guy" and portions of my article on restoring single stage paints without using abrasives came from information he shared with me a very long time ago...

Again, congratulations on your first place win!

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Biilyjack:
              Congratualtions on your 1st place trophy. I always liked el caminos and your's looks very sharp.

Comment

Congrats,look like new ,nice camino.
                1995 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
                1996 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
                1999 Camaro Z28 6 Speed -Sold-
                2005 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');