• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dupont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dupont

correct me if im wrong but dupont makes car paint... my question is if they know about paint why the heck do they make ****** wax?

also how can they garuntee that your paint will last 5 years if you use a ****** wax isn't this just a gimic to get you to buy 5 years of wax

then 5 years down the road out that you need a repaint and then they find a loophole so they dont have to pay for you to get you car repainted
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

It's all a marketing scam. Read the literature closely. Nowhere will it say that the SEALANT will protect for 5 years. It's the WARRANTY that will "protect" for 5 years.

There are all sorts of loopholes as to why they will deny your warranty. Most require you to have it reapplied once a year....at an additional $100. If that's not done, it's void. They can also easily claim neglect....because most cars on the road are neglected.

Comment

lol!
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Originally posted by showtime
        It's all a marketing scam. Read the literature closely. Nowhere will it say that the SEALANT will protect for 5 years. It's the WARRANTY that will "protect" for 5 years.

There are all sorts of loopholes as to why they will deny your warranty. Most require you to have it reapplied once a year....at an additional $100. If that's not done, it's void. They can also easily claim neglect....because most cars on the road are neglected.
        Interesting... I know a guy at work who had a 7 year version applied to his truck when he bought it. The dealer claimed it would last 7 years and its warrantied bet it similar to above
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

You might also wish to google on "T eflon™ health risks" as there is a lot of interesting things going on with Dupont these days. Like the recent $16.5 million fine from the EPA for withholding health risks associated with T eflon™ chemicals. Particularly PFOA, which is now in everyones blood in the US.
          Here is just one example of what you will find. What you don't know can kill you.

What is really ironic is;
          According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care Products, Specialty Products Division, "The addition of a T eflon™ flouropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of T eflon™ fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position." Ansul also notes that, "Unless T eflon™ is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish." (Source: Grisanti, Stephen, "The Truth About T eflon™", Professional Carwashing & Detailing, January, 1989.)
          and now they are selling it. Ahh, don't you just love corrupt companies who are run by marketing MBA's who care less about the health of their customers as long as they can scam your $$$.

So in the final analysis, you are left with a company that withheld health risks surrounding this **** for over 20 years and they stated that it is useless in a wax so why would anyone fall prey to the marketing hype?

Clearly, Dupont has moved to the top of the list of companies I refuse, wherever possible, to do business with.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            Interesting... I know a guy at work who had a 7 year version applied to his truck when he bought it. The dealer claimed it would last 7 years and its warrantied bet it similar to above
            Dealers are fooled by this just like customers. Looks who sells it, F&I and salesmen. It's then applied by some towel pusher getting $5, and he's probably about as sharp as a dull spoon. The companies who sell this (Auto Armor, Simonize, etc) come in with elaborate demonstrations to ohh and ahh the management. Remember those dumb commercials where guys lite a fire on the paint? This impresses the management and then they're told how much money they make off it it and that's that. No matter what is said VERBALLY it's what's on the paper that matters.

BTW, can you slap that guy in the head for me?

Comment

i heard this add on the radio and well who doesn't want a 5yr warentee on their paint so i look it up on google and an find that they sell this stuff under a million diffrent names lol once that five year mark comes i bet they change their name!

20mins later some one on the radio was selling fire proof wax glad i found meguiar's
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');