• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazda 323 '91 (Pink --> Red)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 323 '91 (Pink --> Red)

Last weekend I accepted a tricky challenge. My mission was to rescue a red Mazda 323 (1991) from a repaint. The owner washes his car twice a year. This is definitely not a good treatment for a red painted car. Due to this, the color is more like white/pink instead of red. The paint feels like gridpaper too.

Last year the owner tried a whole range of Turtle Wax products, but it didn't help. Ofcourse it didn't It's time for Meguiars!

All steps are done by hand:

Step 1:
    Cleaning with a Wash Mit and NXT Carwash.

Because I had some lack of time I skipped the Clay part. Yeah I know, it's a shame, but it was a totally free Meguiars demo

Step 2: DC Paint Cleaner
    DC Paint Cleaner was amazing! You'll see the difference at the photo below. The paint was red again and felt as smooth as glass. Even without the claying (yeah it's a shame I skipped it.). My neighbour, a Turtle Wax enthousiast, was astonished!

What a difference between washing and DC Paint Cleaner!

Step 3: DC Polish
    DC Polish did the trick, the paint was fully red, amazing! Even the spoiler turned from almost white into dark (en wet) red

Thanks to DC Paint Cleaner en DC Polish.

Step 4: NXT Tech Wax
    I finished the job with a two layered protection of NXT Tech Wax. To my suprise the car had a very deep and 'wet' red color. Wow!

Step 5: Trim Detailer
    After using the Trim Detailer, the bumpers weren't gray anymore, but had a deep black color.

Step 6: NXT Glass Cleaner
    The windows were sticky and very dirty. It was hard to look thru them. NXT Glass Cleaner did an amazing job. Where are they? I can't see no window anymore. That was truly the owners reaction when he sat in his car

Step 7: Endurance High Gloss Protection Tyre Gel
    The tyres were brown...yak! After using the gel they looked like new. I don't like shiny tyres, therefore I prefer the gel.

It was not an easy job, but a thankful job. And last but not least, I did some good marketing and sold some Meguiars products to my neighbour and ofcourse....the owner The car looks like new again.

Before and after.

Before and after.

Before and after.

I did it for free, but the owner gave me $100. Meguiars has done the job again!!
    Last edited by Sheik; Oct 20, 2005, 09:20 AM.

Sheik, I love your make-over !!!
    YOu have done a great job
    People who know cars know meguiars!

Comment

Heey Erik. What a quick response

Thanks man, it was hard working but we all are very pleased with the result.

Comment

Hey Sheik, looks awesome man that's truely a Extreme makeover.
        I just love detailing

Comment

beautiful!!!
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Now that is just amazing how you can even see the difference right off the bat. Now that would have been an exciting transformation to see the change as you complete each section!! Awesome!!!

Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
            2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Well done!!

Comment

Amazing!

Love how good the spoiler came out!

Comment

Nice job on a car that was in rough shape. Those pics, before and after, are like night and day. Good work.
                  Bama

Comment

Thats one great makeover.How long did the paint restoring take you?
                    2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
                    Show Car Detail

Comment

Thank you all for the positive feedback!!

The result is really amazing. I say the car today and it looks like the car is new again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragpakmach
                        Thats one great makeover.How long did the paint restoring take you?
                        I took me 8 hours to finish the job. (incl. curing 2 layers of wax)

Comment

Wow

Fantastic job Sheik, amzing difference.

Rob

Comment

Great Job!

The car did a complete 180

Comment

That's what makes detailing great. IMO Before and after pics are the next best thing to word of mouth advertising.

Awesome job. I love paint restoration on red cars. Problem is the oxidation will be back. I'm sure you were tired when the job was complete.

Great pics too.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');