• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wash water magnet with terrys OR mf towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wash water magnet with terrys OR mf towels?

just like the topic says... i know youre supposed to wash microfiber towels by themselves, but i thought that the water magnet uses mf material? anyways, which load should i wash the water magnet with; microfibers, or terrys/applicator pads?

thanks!

Re: wash water magnet with terrys OR mf towels?

Originally posted by barrman
    just like the topic says... i know youre supposed to wash microfiber towels by themselves, but i thought that the water magnet uses mf material? anyways, which load should i wash the water magnet with; microfibers, or terrys/applicator pads?

thanks!
    Personnaly I wash them with my MFs. I pretreat everything with APC first. Then wash without adding Woolite. Once done I wash all again in Woolite. I wash in Hot water. Then dry in the dryer on normal. Yeilds good results for me.

Any MFs or applicators that are heavily soiled, I wash with dawn by hand and then go to the the wash method above.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

apc?

Comment

I wash water magnet and microfibers together.

Dont wash microfibers with terry cloth towels, though. I did that once, ruined 2 of my MF towels. Lint all over. I gave them to my neighbor. Too much hassle to get the lint off.
        Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
        Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

apc?
          I just hit it with a few squirts then throw them in my dirty rag bin. Any heavlily soiled areas I soak pretty good. Once the rag bin is full I wash per the above post.

All Purpose Cleaner
          All Purpose Cleaner
          Jeff Smith

Comment

Since the Water Magnet is a microfiber towel I wash mine with the rest of my microfibers (so it still falls under the heading of washing microfibers by themselves).

The reason you don't want to wash your microfibers with cotton terrycloth is that the cotton terrycloth sheds and lints like crazy and it will all stick to your microfibers. It won't really hurt them and they'll still work great but you'll spread lint everywhere (which negates one of the pluses of using microfiber towels, they don't drop lint).

apc?
            All Purpose Cleaner.

PC.

Comment

Dang, slow on the draw again.

PC.

Comment

Need to get that wax buildup off your sticky keys
                Jeff Smith

Comment

Hey,

Call me picky, but I wash the MF Water Magnet by itself. My reasoning is this: since the Water Magnet is designed to dry the car after washing, and remaining dirt missed during the wash, may get trapped in the towel. If you wash this with your polishing MF towels, there is a potential, albeit a small one, that the dirt may end up in your polishing towels. Again, I am speculating, but this is something I have always done to avoid any type of contamination of my towels. It is really annoying after buffing out a black car or truck only to find that a dirt particle was in the towel during the LSP wipe-off!!!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                    Hey,

Call me picky,
                    PICKY!!!
                    Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');