• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Reccomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Reccomendations

Would like input from members recommending which Megs products to use. I have 2 light colored vehicles(silver and tan), one new and other 3 yrs. old. Both have paint in good condition.
    Just finished using up last of Medallion. Would like ideas on which cleaner and polish to use. Currently use Gold Class wash, clay, and Gold Class Wax. I use PC to apply product, and MF bonnets to remove polish and wax. Have new soft buff pads to put in use. Also use spray wax and QD to maintain. Thanks in advance for the info.

Re: Product Reccomendations

Originally posted by Buster
    Would like input from members recommending which Megs products to use. I have 2 light colored vehicles(silver and tan), one new and other 3 yrs. old. Both have paint in good condition.
    Just finished using up last of Medallion. Would like ideas on which cleaner and polish to use. Currently use Gold Class wash, clay, and Gold Class Wax. I use PC to apply product, and MF bonnets to remove polish and wax. Have new soft buff pads to put in use. Also use spray wax and QD to maintain. Thanks in advance for the info.
    This post would yeild much better results if placed in Detailing 101.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Re: Re: Product Reccomendations

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
      This post would yeild much better results if placed in Detailing 101.
      Done!
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Now that organizational continuity is restored (Thanks Tim, good to see your retirement is and active one ), on to the question.

I'd go with #80 to replace MPPC.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
          Now that organizational continuity is restored (Thanks Tim, good to see your retirement is and active one ), on to the question.

I'd go with #80 to replace MPPC.

PC.
          I agree. #80 is a great goto product. After you see the results from #80 you will likely be happy. After some experience with it you might even decide to try some of the other pure polishes. But #80 will get you pretty close to the look of a pure polish. I use #7 pretty regularly these days and love its look on white under some Gold Class. My truck looks like it has a sheen of water all over it. Good Stuff
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I thought #80 is a polish used for minor defect removal such as swirls and light scratches. Why would you want to use it on a good finish ?

Comment

Originally posted by mpmiller37
              I thought #80 is a polish used for minor defect removal such as swirls and light scratches. Why would you want to use it on a good finish ?
              Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard it can be applied by hand or by PC with a low speed and a finishing pad and you get the effects of a pure polish with little to no cutting effect.

Comment

Originally posted by mpmiller37
                The same is true of MPPC, which I might not use on a pristine finish either. Not that either is aggressive enough to worry about using too often. Anyway, a car that's actually driven will benefit from an occasional thorough cleaning.

Originally posted by kpagel
                ... I've heard it can be applied by hand or by PC with a low speed and a finishing pad and you get the effects of a pure polish with little to no cutting effect.
                That's the way I look at it. #80 is pretty universal. It has lots of polishing oils and you can vary the aggressiveness from super mild to moderate by changing speeds, pads and machines.

PC.

Comment

I use #80 and wouldn't give it up... every time I use it I get very good results. Good one step cleaner/polish, it polishes up very nice. In my case I like to follow up with #81 to add a little more depth.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Even vehicles in (perceived) good condition usually need a little abrasive polishing. I'm *VERY* careful when I wash, but even my vehicles will pick up a little micromarring after a while. The #80 is a great product for this, very mild but it does the job.

And yeah, it works fine by hand if you have the time and patience. It'll always have a *little* cut, but it's sure not enough to worry about, especially with a 9006 or with very gentle hand application.
                    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');