• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing Towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing Towels

After removing NXT wax with micro fibre towels, is it possible to wash & reuse the towels? It would seem to me that if you use NXT to protect the car from the elements that you wouldn't be able to wash the wax out of them. Thanks.

Yes

Comment

I wash my towels in Woolite but any laundry detergent will do.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I've found it safer to wash my towels and applicators by hand more efficient than washing them in a washing machine, much safer too. Before I would wash my towels and applicators in the washing machine on gentle, particularly with the even coat applicators, the seams would tear off. Now I wash my towels and applicators by hand using Dawn dish washing soap or any dish washing soap that fights of grease with ease. By doing this procedure I found that my towels and applicators are much cleaner and arent damaged. Hope this helps.

Comment

I was my towels on the "ultra-delicate" setting on my washer (its the lightest setting you can choose). I use liquid Tide, with no bleach or scents. I then dry it on ultra-hand dry (again, the lightest setting possible on my dryer) and I don't use any sort of softener. I have had absolutely no problems with my towels and I've washed them many times. If they are extra dirty I will give them a quick spray with All-Purpose Cleaner and it helps get them clean. This method has done great for me so far, it gets out everything and it keeps them safe.

There is a whole debate on what sort of detergent to use. Some detail forums will tell you that you NEED to use a liquid detergent, because the powder will ruin it somehow. However, Mike P. told us at the Autopia detail clinic that he uses powder and has had absolutely no problems. You should NOT use softener or bleaches, etc. as they will ruin towels. One of my Concours Buffing Towels got mixed in with the regular towels. It has changed from being one of the softest towels I've ever felt to being stiff and feeling "old" like all of our regular purpose towels. Its junk now.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');