• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic and clear bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic and clear bra

I've just about found every answer I had; except 1 or2

How to I clean/protect/shine the chrome looking plastic grill on my 04' Dakota and any special techniques for the clear bra. Oh and Mike did you use a PC on the BMW in the 5 step guide or only by had.

On mine I use #80 with a PC. Heat is your only enemy so even on speed 6 you won't do much damage. Besides not useing a rotory or anything harsher than #80, treat it just like paint. A little trick I use when waxing is to take a thin piece of tape and put it along the edge, that way no wax will get in it.

I'm an Xpel dealer so I'm around this stuff all the time. I hope you have 3M film. The other stuff is just plain junk. 3M has a clear coat so it makes it more like real paint. The other stuff feels like a beach ball. I don't have to use 3M, the other ones are cheaper and easier to install, but they don't hold up.

Here's a pic of a kit I replaced that was done with Venture Tape. It was very thin and flimsy. Look how yellow it is-
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');