• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Blue Dye Off Leather Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Blue Dye Off Leather Seat

I have a 5 month old 2005 Avalon Ltd. This summer I wore a cotton navy dress and the blue came off on my ivory leather seat. The entire seat and back are now tinted blue. This seat is ventilated for the A/C with small perforated holes. I need some suggestions as to how to get the blue dye off the ivory leather. Would appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Island Avy

Some pics would probably help, but I have a couple questions:

1) Is this factory (OEM) leather or aftermarket? If aftermarket, who is/was the supplier?

2) Are you looking for a solution available from a local retailer (e.g. consumer products) or are you willing/able to order professional-grade products?

I'd say you could use some extremely diluted All Purpose Cleaner to attempt to get it off; but I can't say for sure what will be safe until I know what kind of leather we're looking at here. Certain methods may or may not damage the dye, depending how it was finished.

In the meantime, have you tried any leather care products like Meguiar's Gold Class cleaner/conditioner one-step?

Comment

seems to me there was a conditioner that was overused on the leather to start with (dealer installed) that caused the dress to release the blue tint. I think a quality All Purpose Cleaner, followed by a quality leather cleaner/conditioner is definitely in order.

I would be sure to use plenty of towels one section at a time so as not to spread the dye around even more. Please post pictures of your progress if you can

Good Luck
      http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

In the meantime, have you tried any leather care products like Meguiar's Gold Class cleaner/conditioner one-step?
        I would try this route first as it will prove to be a good product to keep around anyhow. If nothing else I'd bet it would go along way toward moistening up the stain a bit prior to further cleaning if necessary.

Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');