• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post. I just finished a months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is WOW!

I took everyone's combined advice and it looks great after a single coat of wax.
    I did everything suggested. I even went back to the #80 application. I then applied #82 by machine and two coats of #7. I actually saw a slight enahancement with the second layer of #7 even though it was not recommended. This was pretty old and neglected paint. Maybe it was my imagination. LOL
    After one layer of NXT paste it looks like a different car. My mechanic stopped by to take out the alternator and he asked me if I got it painted.
    I have been using Meguiar's for a long time on other cars, but, I would have never known to use the products that you guys pointed me to. Thanks to everyone.

Comment

Comment

Re: All I can say is WOW!

Originally posted by RandyG
        I took everyone's combined advice and it looks great after a single coat of wax.
        I did everything suggested. I even went back to the #80 application. I then applied #82 by machine and two coats of #7. I actually saw a slight enahancement with the second layer of #7 even though it was not recommended. This was pretty old and neglected paint. Maybe it was my imagination. LOL
        After one layer of NXT paste it looks like a different car. My mechanic stopped by to take out the alternator and he asked me if I got it painted.
        I have been using Meguiar's for a long time on other cars, but, I would have never known to use the products that you guys pointed me to. Thanks to everyone.

Great! Now for the bad part. For the next few days you chest and shoulders will be very sore. Not so much from all the work you did but your chest will hurt from walkng around with it stuck out and your shoulders will hurt from holding your head up a little higher than normal. You have to learn to accept the good with the bad when it comes to this stuff.

Glad everything worked out for you and you are happy with the results.

Keep in touch and don't forget those pics.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Re: Re: All I can say is WOW!

Originally posted by Jeff Smith

Great! Now for the bad part. For the next few days you chest and shoulders will be very sore. Not so much from all the work you did but your chest will hurt from walkng around with it stuck out and your shoulders will hurt from holding your head up a little higher than normal. You have to learn to accept the good with the bad when it comes to this stuff.

Glad everything worked out for you and you are happy with the results.

Keep in touch and don't forget those pics.
          Thanks again and I will post some pictures. It truly is amazing what can be done to a severely damaged paint job.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: All I can say is WOW!

Originally posted by RandyG
            Thanks again and I will post some pictures. It truly is amazing what can be done to a severely damaged paint job.
            Yes it most certainly is. I am just an enthusiast and am still going through the learning curve myself. But with the right tools and having the helpful folks in this forum my confidence level is such that I am willing to try things that I normally would shy away from. And the results I get are outstanding.

I spent the majority of my time off this past weekend cleaning up my truck. Detailed the entire Exterior and Interior. I went over to the local Car Wash as I like to do my detailing there sometimes just to get out and meet other folks who take care of their cars. Plus I eat up all the compliments I get. Anyway, I had several people offering compliments and such but what I got a kick of was when I had all four doors open and was Cleaning and conditioning my leather. I was hard at it and focusing on what I was doing but peridically would get out and stretch and noticed a few times I had people who had kind of manuvered over into a position where they could look inside my truck. I guess they saw me working and did not wish to bother me. But I got such a kick out of that. One guy who was detailing his car about 100' away actually moved closer to me and I think spent more time looking my way than at his own car. I finally went over and struck up a conversation with him. I steered him toward this forum and then give him the grand tour of my truck explaining what I used where and why and how. He was impressed to say the least. I went on to explain that there are crazy folks here that will go out of their way to help him out along the way. I have a feeling we will be hearing from him soon.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: All I can say is WOW!

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
              Yes it most certainly is. I am just an enthusiast and am still going through the learning curve myself. But with the right tools and having the helpful folks in this forum my confidence level is such that I am willing to try things that I normally would shy away from. And the results I get are outstanding.

I spent the majority of my time off this past weekend cleaning up my truck. Detailed the entire Exterior and Interior. I went over to the local Car Wash as I like to do my detailing there sometimes just to get out and meet other folks who take care of their cars. Plus I eat up all the compliments I get. Anyway, I had several people offering compliments and such but what I got a kick of was when I had all four doors open and was Cleaning and conditioning my leather. I was hard at it and focusing on what I was doing but peridically would get out and stretch and noticed a few times I had people who had kind of manuvered over into a position where they could look inside my truck. I guess they saw me working and did not wish to bother me. But I got such a kick out of that. One guy who was detailing his car about 100' away actually moved closer to me and I think spent more time looking my way than at his own car. I finally went over and struck up a conversation with him. I steered him toward this forum and then give him the grand tour of my truck explaining what I used where and why and how. He was impressed to say the least. I went on to explain that there are crazy folks here that will go out of their way to help him out along the way. I have a feeling we will be hearing from him soon.
              I've already had 2 people ask me how i did it and the car has not left the garage. LOL
              I'm sure when I take it to the office everyone will think I had it painted.

Comment

Just be honest and tell them "I used #80 then #82 then 2 Coats of #7 then NXT."

THis is what I get to tell people:
                "I used - #80>#9>DC #2>#82>#3>#5>#7>#20>#7>#20>#7>#21>#7>#21>#7>NXT>#7>NXT>#7>GC>#7>GC#7DC #3>#7>DC#3>#7."

Needless to say I got a lot of strange looks after spitting out to first 2-3 numbers. It's usually about this time they lose interest in trying to tell me what they use because by this time I have broken out my Xenon light and shown them the scratches in their paint and have handed them the light and tell them to find some on mine.

It definatly gets the point across to them that they have fooled around and stumbled on a detailing nut.
                Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');