• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax does not last long enough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax does not last long enough...

...even with two light coats it looks dull within two weeks.

Are my expectations too high?

I would rather not use a speed detailer every week, I am almost too busy to wash it weekly.

Do I need to top it with a different product?

Do I need to use a different wax?

The last detail:

1. Wash with the cute Meguiar's pink stuff.

2. Clay Magic

3. Wash again.

4. 07 Show Car Glaze

5. NXT Tech Wax X2
    05 Frountier CC SE...Black

I don't find that at all with NXT, even a few months later it's still on but my car is garage kept. Try #21, it lasts longer. I use #16 and that shines and last longer but is very hard to get.

Comment

I use #16 also, never tried NXT
      http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Ok, heres the deal with NXT wax. Mike Phillips has stated this a couple of times before, and it makes great sense.... The protection of the tech wax is still there, but since NXT Tech Wax brings the finish to the next level above most other waxes, its going to be more noticeable when the gloss/ glow comes back down to the level of most other waxes... To maintain the 'pop' nxt gives, there is a little maintenance involed with maybe every othe wash getting the spray booster wax... On the other hand, #21, while not reaching a high a plateu as the tech wax, its pretty damn close and seems retain gloss/ glow longer than nxt...
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
          Ok, heres the deal with NXT wax. Mike Phillips has stated this a couple of times before, and it makes great sense.... The protection of the tech wax is still there, but since NXT Tech Wax brings the finish to the next level above most other waxes, its going to be more noticeable when the gloss/ glow comes back down to the level of most other waxes... To maintain the 'pop' nxt gives, there is a little maintenance involed with maybe every othe wash getting the spray booster wax... On the other hand, #21, while not reaching a high a plateu as the tech wax, its pretty damn close and seems retain gloss/ glow longer than nxt...
          One thing, though; a user can accept this explanation and still be unsatisfied with NXT. There can't be one product that makes EVERYONE happy.

A couple people have mentioned #21. That is the product that satisfies me. Rather than saying it doesn't look quite as good, I'd say that it looks DIFFERENT. It looks more conventional. But most of the look comes from the work done in the prep. Trust me, no ones' going to know which you used.

Other people will be more satisfied with #26, or Gold Class, or (sacre bleu!) a product from a different company. If you don't like something, DON'T TRUST ME. Trust your own eyes and your own experience. As that famous philosopher Marx (Groucho) said: "Who are you gonna trust; me, or your lying eyes?"

Mike has by far the best signature: "Find something you like and use it often." Words to live by!

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Over the corse of the past 3-4 months, I have tried just about every Meguiar's Wax on my new truck. After trying all this stuff I finally got it through my thick skull what some of the others had been telling me all along.

"All" Meguiar's waxes & Sealants will yeild great results. But each will have it's own characteristics that will please one person and not the next. Not everyone expects the same out of a wax.

Also I have come to the conclusion that if 2 people waxed 2 identical vehicles, with the same color paint, with the exact same products the outcomes will vary as everybody's methods are different and will yeild different results.

You asked if your expectations are to high. Well, I'd say yes and no. You expected a certain look and likely acheived that with NXT. But in order to keep that look that may have gone above and beyond what you may have seen from other waxes comes at a cost. To keep NXT's look takes some maintenance.

Some people have to do this maintenance and some do not. Depends on weather, proper care, garaged vs. ungaraged ets. Alot of factors here.

If you are satisfied with the fact that you have applied the NXT properly, and find that after 2 weeks that you can't keep up with the upkeep needed for your particualr circumstances, Then I suggest a change is in order. Whether it be to top the NXT or possibly change to another LSP altogether.

Looking at the order in which you prepped the paint, I see you did not use a cleaner/polish for prep. May not have been needed and but then again it may have. For me, If I was going to forego any cleaner/polish on the prep work. I would very likely have gone to a cleaner wax for my LSP. Most likely I would have gone with #20 as it is not a heavy cleaner but at least has enough cleaners to help ensure a good bond. I think it has a little more cleaning ability as compared to #21 which would be my second choice.

For me, I do find NXT takes some extra effort to keep that look. But for me, I am willing to put that time into it. Of course, everybody can't.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax does not last long enough...

Originally posted by SV1000

The last detail:

1. Wash with the cute Meguiar's pink stuff.

2. Clay Magic

3. Wash again.

4. 07 Show Car Glaze

5. NXT Tech Wax X2
              I have to suspect that possibly the use of #7 Show Car Glaze prior to NXT could be part of your problem. Next time, after you wash again, try going straight to NXT. That may help to solve your problem.
              FRANK CANNA
              Mirror Finish Detailing
              23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

No matter what product you use, the out come is the same. The protection will last a long time, but the high gloss wet look will not.You need a qd to keep that wet look going.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A
                  No matter what product you use, the out come is the same. The protection will last a long time, but the high gloss wet look will not.You need a qd to keep that wet look going.

Or apply some Spray wax as Ranger72 suggested, the spray wax is very easy to use, even easier if you pic some Even Coat Applicator up. Good luck!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                    Looking at the order in which you prepped the paint, I see you did not use a cleaner/polish for prep. May not have been needed and but then again it may have. For me, I do find NXT takes some extra effort to keep that look. But for me, I am willing to put that time into it. Of course, everybody can't.
                    Jeff,

I have a bottle of DC#1 but chose to use the clay first to remove the overspray. Since the truck was polished and waxed not two weeks ago I didn't think the DC#1 would be neccessary.

I bet that if the dirty rat bassturd hadn't of sprayed my truck, a good wash and a light coat of NXT would have been all that it needed.

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
                    I have to suspect that possibly the use of #7 Show Car Glaze prior to NXT could be part of your problem. Next time, after you wash again, try going straight to NXT. That may help to solve your problem.
                    I thought it was standard practice to polish and then finish off with a wax, especially with dark colors

Comment

I thought it was standard practice to polish and then finish off with a wax, especially with dark colors
                      Instead of using a Pure Polish like #7 Show Car Glaze before applying NXT, I almost always go with either #6 Cleaner Wax or one of the Cleaner Polishes listed below.

# 9 Swirl Remover
                      #80 Speed Glaze
                      #82 Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish
                      #83 Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish
                      FRANK CANNA
                      Mirror Finish Detailing
                      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
                        Instead of using a Pure Polish like #7 Show Car Glaze before applying NXT, I almost always go with either #6 Cleaner Wax or one of the Cleaner Polishes listed below.

# 9 Swirl Remover
                        #80 Speed Glaze
                        #82 Body Shop Professional Swirl Free Polish
                        #83 Body Shop Professional Dual Action Cleaner/Polish
                        I actually do both. I use one of the products above then use the #7 or one of the other pure polishes. The main reason I do this is that I still consider myself inexperienced when it somes to being absolutley sure I have broken down the abrasives properly in the polishes to where they will yeild the same effect as a pure polish.

I fired the Rotary up for the first time the other day and this was the first time I had great confidence in the fact I had broken the polish down properly but not too much. Once I get a little more expertise under my belt when it comes to polish breakdown then I will likely consider skipping the #7.
                        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Jeff, that is a good point.

Frank, for now, I am doing this all by hand. Does that make any difference in your choice of using a cleaner-polish over a pure polish?

Thanks guys.

Comment

Frank, for now, I am doing this all by hand. Does that make any difference in your choice of using a cleaner-polish over a pure polish?
                            I also do all of the cleaning, polishing and waxing by hand. I just prefer to use the cleaner polishes prior to waxing, rather than a pure polish.
                            FRANK CANNA
                            Mirror Finish Detailing
                            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax does not last long enough...

My original replies were based on your first post about how NXT does not last long enough. It was after my replies about your comments that 'NXT looks dull within two weeks' that you now begin to mention that your vehicle had a problem with 'overspray'.

------------------------------------------------
                              posted by SV1000:
                              I have a bottle of DC#1 but chose to use the clay first to remove the overspray. Since the truck was polished and waxed not two weeks ago I didn't think the DC#1 would be neccessary.

I bet that if the dirty rat bassturd hadn't of sprayed my truck, a good wash and a light coat of NXT would have been all that it needed.
                              -----------------------------------------------

Based on the information that you are now posting about having to remove overspray prior to using NXT, I have to agree that 'a good wash and a light coat of NXT would have been all that it needed'.
                              FRANK CANNA
                              Mirror Finish Detailing
                              23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');