• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

colored plastics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colored plastics?

Need advice on cleaning and colored plastics. I used the clear plastic cleaner and polish on clear plastic with good results.

You can gently use those products, or even the Quick Interior Detailer as well.

Just remember, scratches on colored plastic are just about impossible to remove, so dont put any in.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: colored plastics?

Originally posted by 98SS
      Need advice on cleaning and colored plastics. I used the clear plastic cleaner and polish on clear plastic with good results.
      What are you working on?

Things like a red tailight lens?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes I wanting to shine red tailights and also want to shine the plastic body of my riding lawnmower.

Comment

Ahh, I had thought you meant interior plastics.

For your headlight covers, the plastic cleaner and polish are good products to use. You could also gently apply PlastX, but I think your current products are quite good.

For a riding lawnmower, you would want to clean it with whatever soap you choose, GC, Nxt, or a mild Super Degreaser or APC solution. Then treat the plastic with something like the Gold Class Trim Detailer.

Gold Class Trim Detailer

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by 98SS
            Yes I wanting to shine red taillights and also want to shine the plastic body of my riding lawn-mower.
            For scratched, oxidized or dull hard, clear plastics, you need something with some diminishing abrasives to really get after the problem, for this we would suggest,

PlastX

Murr1525 is dean on for the lawn-mower plastic.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');