• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Car Cover now ????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Car Cover now ????????

Well I finally got my car cover in the mail I washed the car down well polished roof and truch had light swirls and applied a fresh coat of nxt. I wish someone had a camera it was quite funny standing there with snow all around me. Well I got the weathershield cover it fits very well but I have a question. It is going to be great when it snows but what about after I get the snow off the cover and drive it through the slush and salt and they are calling for more snow I cant qd and cover a "trashed" car. Would it be safe to use a 2 bucket method with warm water and a light gold class soap mix in one bucket wash the panel with a wash mit dip it in the clean water then go over same panel again to get majority of soap off or repeat if necessary and dry with ww towel or spray some qd and dry?
    Any opinions would be great thanks. Greg.

IMO, in this kind of weather, if the car is going to see any kind of regular use, a cover is not a very good idea. If there's snow etc on the cover when you remove it, you should try to get as much as possible off before stowing it and even then, you shouldn't fold/store a cover wet (mold, mildew etc). Then once your drive is done, you'll have to find a way to wash the car, making sure you get ALL the dirt/grit off because if you miss some and it gets on the cover, now you're looking at scratching and swirling etc.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I think Don brings up some important points to consider.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

My car cover is made by Meguiar's. It's the NXT Car Cover.

Honestly though. I had seriously considered one of these but I have an ungarged daily driver. I knew I could not keep the finish clean enough to put the car cover on it regularly and, for me, I knew it would just end up in the shed in the yard sale box.

If I had a garaged, weekend play car, I would likely go with a car cover.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          I think Don brings up some important points to consider.
          Thanks Mike, it's always nice to get validation from the expert

As an additional note, if you plan on leaving the car out for an extended period without using it, then a cover over the car while it's "down" may not be a bad idea...just make sure it's a quality car cover and the car is properly cleaned before being covered.

In my case, I tend to look at the snow and ice covering the car as an added layer of protection...snow being a cushion and ice being a shield against crud thrown up by the cars in front of me and miscellaneous UDO's (Unidentified Damaging Objects) that may contact the paint's surface...I NEVER clean off built up ice on my front bumper/hood, only the headlights...anything thrown at the car has to break through 1/4" - 1/2" or better of ice before even coming near my paint...Mother Nature put this white stuff down which caused the roads to be salted, so Mother Nature can help protect my car from it too.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

if you do wash your car, i'd use cold water as warm water freezes quicker than cold water.
            dont know why, but i know its called the Mpemba effect

heres why:

Alex

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');