• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pawn Shop Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Find

$74.99 + Tax. barely used, With Canvas Carry Bag, Polishing bonnet, velcro backing pad. The white thing on the backing pad is just fuzz the velcro picked up. Runs smooth and sounds great!!

Should I oil this thing to be sure it stays running good?? Is there a way I can download a manual?? Its a 9227C

I "Almost" bought one on Ebay for $169.99 + TAX + Shipping!!!

I had to share this with you all..
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

makita polisher for $76 local at a pawn shop!!!!!
    thats your early Xmas present

nice find Hannibal....by any chance did they have a metabol polisher lol.....

from what i hear the makita are built like a tank and Mike P makita is proof....from what i was told the c. brushes are the only things that need replacing when needed and thats easy to check and replace....

have you tried firing it up and tried all the range of rpms...

the sound should be smooth and consitence.......

in the pic it looks good....

also if you have a can of compress air blow out the opening to clean debris which might not be much after using it.......

also i would toss the wool/white pad in the pic or put it to the side.....

know go start polishing on your Truck lol....just kidding

Last edited by Djmigs; Dec 9, 2005, 04:42 PM.
    Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Awesome find! I picked up mine for $150 with shipping on eBay (new). I would have jumped at one at that price!

Comment

That's a good deal, makes me want to poke my nose in the numerous Pawn shops around these parts...

You'll get years of buffing out of that tool...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree... good find, I drive by then and wonder what I might find, I should stop and see!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thats what I do. I check out pawn shops looking for a PC. No luck yet.

Kelly
            MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

i think thats a steal....literaly
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I went to 5 pawn shops and at the last one I was at, before I gave up there it was Hiding behind a craftsman tool cabinet. I saw the blue bag and looked inside. It had a large red star shape dsticker that said "$99" . I was like hmmmm.....

I asked the guy what he would come down to on a tool that was marked $99. He asked which one. I didnt tell him. He said it depended on how long he has had it out on display. The longer it sits there the more he can come down. It was there since 11/15/05, so I offered $50. he was like "LOL". And I started to look around at other things debating my next approach.

He then said " I can go $79.99" I didnt respond immediately. After inspecting I noticed that the spud wrench was missing as well as the little bolt to hold the wrap around handle was missing (no biggie), and I offered $69.99 this time. He LOL'd me again. (literally) and after I tested all the rpm's and soft start feature, I said $75 is my final offer. He said "plus tax?" I was like *sigh*.........ok.

I am currently working on a diamond plate toolbox restore job using this polisher with some eastwood wheels and compounds. I will post results hopefully tomorrow.

I love pawnshops sometimes. Other times they can be very hard to deal with. YOU CANNOT LET THEM KNOW that you want an item badly, or that the item is worth much. They sometimes do not know the actual value (used vs new). I even left to go get some lunch for an hour or so before coming back to haggle. I told him I would go look elsewhere and come back and see if he was ready to deal.
                http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');