• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ntx spray wax above 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ntx spray wax above 21

i was wondering if I can put some ntx wax above the 21?
    Exemple if I washed the car , and the car is 2 a 3 month earlier polished and sealed with #21, and want the deep shine again; WIll I remove the protection than?
    I wash the car with the pink jelly shampoo.

Kind regards Bert

The Nxt Wax may remove what, or some of what was underneath it.

I do not believe the Nxt Spray Wax has the cleaners in it, and can be used to boost the gloss/protection without removing wax underneath it.

The Spray wax, of course, isnt a replacement for a good coat of wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Meguiar's teaches the law of diminishing returns, by this we mean that two thin coats of wax will leave more wax or more protection on the surface than one coat. A third coat may leave a little more than two coats, but after 2-3 coats of wax, (or any paint protectant such as NXT or M21), you have reached a point where the surface has as much wax as it can hold and it's time to stand back and enjoy the results.

After some time goes by and the finish is exposed to wear and tear, you can replenish the wax by adding another coat.

Now as to your questions, applying a coat of NXT over a coat of M21 will result in removing some of the M21, but at the end of the process there will be a uniform later of wax with two coats of wax always leaving more wax on the surface than a single coat.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

your the man Mike Ph!
        I'm glad that some people like you exist Off course all the rest also
        How long do I have to wait before applying the second coat of m21 after the first 1?

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by der passat
          your the man Mike Ph!
          I'm glad that some people like you exist Off course all the rest also
          How long do I have to wait before applying the second coat of m21 after the first 1?

Kind regards
          It is generally advisable to wait overnight. I usually sttick to this rule as best I can. But some of the Pro-Detailers seem to go for back to back applications at times. I think they are after getting a car done in one day so as not to have to come back on day 2. makes sense. I think if you can't wait overnight, try to at least go as long as you possibly can in between wax applications on the same day. In otherwords wax, then do some interior work, shine chrome etc. then come back for the 2nd coat of wax.

Some folks have even waited several days before going with the 2nd coat. Sometimes we are diven by our schdules so this has to be. I would do everything I could to avoid this but if I had to do it, I would.
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

what kind of shampoo should I use for washing my car, I wash the car weekly.
            Now I use the pink gelly one, on a indigo bleu car/.

Kind regards Bert

Comment

Well, all of Meguiars washes are good, and of course it depends on what you have available, but here is my rough breakdown.

1. the Pink Gel Stuff - kinda sudsy, which people like.

2. Nxt Wash - Not quite as sudsy, but might clean the best. Great if you have hard water. Usualy like to use a Spray Wax or QD after it to add some shine to the surface.

3. Gold Class - Again, not as sudsy, but is very gentle, and leaves the best finish behind.

I generaly keep around both Gold Class and Nxt... I use Nxt when it is dirty, and Gol Class when pretty clean just a bit of dirt.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');