• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Wax

I am new to detailing and this fourm is wonderful. Thank you for all of your posts. I have a 2005 White Chevy Avalanche. I am going to wax it but am concerned about getting wax on the cladding. Any advise would be great.

PS: Thanks again for all of the great post. It makes this alot more enjoyable for new detailers.

You can buy painters tape and tape off the eddges of anything you dont want to get wax on. You can also put a little bit of vaseline on pices that you cant tape and that are too easy to get wax on, then wipe the vaseline off when your done.

Comment

Welcome to MOL! Lots of good info here to help out!

Here is a link first part there is a photo of the tape and a vehicle taped off: Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

You can also apply a trim detailer, like Gold Class Trim Detailer, etc, before waxing. Then wax. Then go back and wipe off excess detailer, plus any wax. Seems to work well.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');