• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Cleaning

The water is our area comes from a deep well and it is very difficult to clean my car because of hard water deposits. My windshield now has streaks and is cloudy.

What can I do to remove these deposits and make my windshield clear?

Welcome to MOL!

Read over this post: Glass Polishing... deep cleaning
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I had the same problem above and the well water had oxidized the paint and the windshield. Then I ordered the #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner and I see a tremendous difference. The first application didn't get rid of all of it but I can see where I missed. Another application or two and it should be all cleared up. That's a great article that gb387 linked to.

Comment

I have had success using a #3/0 or #4/0 steel wool pad with a rubbing compound before on my car glass, but if you go this route you might want to do a spot test first.
        r. b.

Comment

And on a related note, I'd consider a softener/conditioner and some filters if your water is that bad.
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

With hard water, you might also want to make sure you are using Nxt Wash. It is supposed to help some with hard water, (I dont have hard water, so not sure how good), but it might help some as well.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');