• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: PlastX safe to use on Ipod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sneek
    shouldnt you use protectant on Ipods not wax???
    Isn't wax a protectant?
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

a protectant for interiors ex: megs natural shine, or NXT protectant

nxt tech wax does protect your car finnish but im not sure its good for the plastic on the ipod...

i wouldn't use paint cleaner on my ipod too but i could be wrong you might be able to

today i learned that you can use colourX on vinyl siding so you might be right ?? also do you have any pics?
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Don't subject your iPod to scratches in the first place. Use a good protective case. There are literally dozens of these cases available. I like the iSkin eVo3.

iSkin – The best case and screen acessories for iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad ProMacBook Pro. Chargers and wireless chargers for iPhone 8 and iPhone X

Then you don't need to worry about polishing it.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Where's that Novus discussion forum?

Do any of the above Novus products contain diminishng abrasives or even non-diminishing mechanical abrasives?

Are the #1 and products similar to our #10 and #17?
          The #1 is VERY similar to #10, yes. And frankly I do prefer #10 but the Novus #2 isn't a BAD product, either -- just depends on what you can find locally (I got the others through the local Harley shop).

The #1, though, I wouldn't equate as being similar to any Meguiar's product at present. It is more of a liquid "spray based" polish -- which I suspect to be mostly fillers, whereas the cream polishes do have an abrasive to them.

Comment

If it's new, I suggest prevention.

If your iPod is new and currently scratch-free I suggest:

Put a screen saver over the screen....like used on a Palm or other handheld and

Get a cover for your iPod. There are a lot of them out there...leather...plastic...colors.

I haven't had to deal with scratches on my Palm T2 because I put a screen saver on it and keep it in a case.

Ounce of prevention....
            It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');