• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diluting Hyper Dressing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diluting Hyper Dressing..

I know that this has been discussed in numerous other threads, but I have a question about how to dilute Hyper Dressing. I know that it says on the back about how many pumps to get it to your desired look.

my question is, I didn't get a pump for the Hyper Dressing when I ordered. If I go to the local Ace Hardware store and buy a empty spray bottle with lines on the side marking the amounts, could somebody tell me about how much is in a single pump so I could dilute it that way??

thanks!

According to my bottle, these are the dilution ratios:

High Gloss 1:1
    Medium Gloss 2:1
    Satin Finish 3:1
    Natural 4:1

So for High Gloss, that's equal parts water and HD, for natural, 4 parts water to one part HD. My math says that one pump = 2 oz.

Comment

I followed what was said on my bottle of HD i use it 3-1 for interior looks nice little shine and dry to touch and 1-1 on tires. Any how on the bottle it does say so many pumps per the dillution u want the pump that came with HD for me is the same as the hyper was I measured it and seemed to be close to about 1oz so for however many pumps it says i suppose u could do that many ounces of HD Jus a though maybe others will chime in anymore questions comments feel free. Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by 97t-bird
        dry to touch and 1-1 on tires.
        i also use hyper dressing diluted 1:1 (had a small empty bottle that didn't have measurements so i filled half with water and the other half with hyper dressing) for the tires and it's worked out great!

Comment

I talked to Rick and ADS and he recommended getting a spray bottle with trigger spray that has the measurements on the side. he also recommended getting a nozzle for the top of the Hyper dressing.

does anybody else NOT use these and a bottle from the local hardware store? i'd hate to have to put a order in for these minor things that are only going to cost me like $10.

looking for some ideas from others and professionals!

Comment

Originally posted by tgfhatch
            I talked to Rick and ADS and he recommended getting a spray bottle with trigger spray that has the measurements on the side. he also recommended getting a nozzle for the top of the Hyper dressing.

dollar tree carries the trigger spray bottles with the measurements on the side, they aren't the best, but they will hold you over until your next order

Comment

nice five star. i might go with that for right now until I need another order placed.

now if a professional from meguiars can chime in with about how much is in a pump!!!!!

Comment

Er...I may not be "a professional from Meguiar's", but I have the HD spray bottle...it really doesn't matter how much a "pump" is (especially since you don't have the pump), I listed the dilution ratios above. And as I said above, having the bottle, and doing the math, a pump is 2 oz, although the markings on the bottle are slightly off, manufacturing tolerance, I presume.

EDIT: If you have to hear this from Meguiar's mouth, here it is in another HD dilution thread. Search button is on the lower right.

Comment

I posted above 1oz I think I have been reading my measuring bottle wrong ill have to check tomorrow i dont know why i thought i was 1oz i am gonna have to check that out tomorrow interesting now im irritated lol I may have been dilluting under recomended but it turned out great at what i thought 1-1 and 3-1 thanks for pointing that out. Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Five Star
                    dollar tree carries the trigger spray bottles with the measurements on the side, they aren't the best, but they will hold you over until your next order
                    You can also check a local janitorial supply shop

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');