• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft Wash & Watermark Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Wash & Watermark Query

Happy New Year To All!!

My first post for '06. I've got a black Mazda3 and when it's at it's best, it looks hot (just your stock Mazda3). I had a water etching problem which covered the hood and the roof because I was new to taking care of my car. On the last wk of December, I buffed out the watermarks and it looks brand spanking new.

Now since in Aus it's summer and we have storms which sometimes lasts for days on end, sometimes it rains a for a few hrs during the day then the sun comes out then it rains again etc... basically lots of water during summer.

Now my question is, is there a meguiars product that can make it more difficult for wateretching to occur as I've noticed a couple of new watermarks (it's been 2 wks since I waxed the car). If not, would trying to get a new tougher clear coat on the car be the only option or is it more of a situation where i need to follow the 5 step process? (as I tend to do my cleaning on friday nights so I don't follow all the steps sometimes) I just don't want to go through my clear coat because of this contiuous problem.

My other question is, does the Soft Wash Gel stain cement? I don't have a cool place to use this product except the garage which is cemented.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Soft Wash & Watermark Query

Originally posted by 24DNT
    Now my question is, is there a Meguiar's product that can make it more difficult for water etching to occur as I've noticed a couple of new watermarks (it's been 2 wks since I waxed the car).
    A good quality wax will slow down attack of the clear coat but there are not guarantees it will stop it. We understand this is the Holy Grail everyone is looking for but to date the technology doesn't exist.

If not, would trying to get a new tougher clear coat on the car be the only option or is it more of a situation where i need to follow the 5 step process?
    To date, I personally have not seen a clear coat finish that will withstand all types of attack. We have had a forum member attend two of our classes with his Mercedes-Benz with the Ceramiclear finish and the second time I saw his car and inspected his finish it looked as good as it did the day we polished the finish out at the first class.

If I remember correctly, the owner said his car is a daily driver and all he had done since the first time we polished on it was normal maintenance.

When I walked down the row of cars here in our parking lot inspecting the finish his stood out because it was so swirl-free. I'm not trying to conclude it was because of the type of paint on the car, I'm just saying this was my observation.

His car can probably be seen in one of the Mercedes-Benz write-ups from our Detail Days here at Meguiar's' in this forum somewhere.

My other question is, does the Soft Wash Gel stain cement? I don't have a cool place to use this product except the garage which is cemented.

Thanks in advance!
    I've never seen any car wash soap manufactured by Meguiar's or anyone else stain cement. I've seen other car care chemicals stain cement, but not a car wash solution.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ahh.. Thanks for that Mike. I gotta push myself to do proper maintenance cos I think this is where it's failing for me. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');