• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using DCS on vehicle treated with sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DCS on vehicle treated with sealant

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum and I've found tonnes of good techniques and advices from the many posted treads.

I'm owning a new MPV (less than 6 mths old) and after reading numerous reviews on the Deep Crystal System, I plan to use them soon.

I've used polymer sealant earlier on the vehicle's surface, and I'm not sure whether this existing coating will affect the DCS from producing the best results.

My question is will the DC #1 Paint cleaner will be sufficient to remove the existing sealant coating, or shall I use some other MAG product prior to DC #1?

This will pave way for DC #2 Polish to work on the paint and produce the depthness we'll looking forward to.

Is the above is the right assumption ?

Please advice. Many thanks.

Mike

Yes, DC#1 will remove any previous wax/sealent, etc.

If possible, you can also try claying the car after washing. This will really get rid of any contaminants, and bring results to another level. Meguiars Quick Clay is my favorite, but Clay Magic is ok. Not sure what is available for you.

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. DC#1
    4. DC#2
    5. DC#3
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr1525 for that confirmation.

Yes, I'll be getting the quik clay as well, and that the sequence I'll be going through.

BTW, I understand that I can only remove DC #3 when it has turn dry (i.e. chalk/hazy effect), unlike DC #1 and #2 which can be removed almost immediately upon application. Is this the right understanding.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeleong

BTW, I understand that I can only remove DC #3 when it has turn dry (i.e. chalk/hazy effect), unlike DC #1 and #2 which can be removed almost immediately upon application. Is this the right understanding.

Cheers!
        You are correct except that DC #1 and DC #2 are not "wipe on, wipe off" products. They must be 'massaged' into the paint for the best results. But other than that, yes they can be removed immediately after application.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Hi mikeleong,

Coming from the same place you are, where the weather is sun and rain all year,

I'd recommend that you use M#21 instead of DCS#3. Polymer lasts longer than organic, unless your car is a garage queen...

Cheers mate!

My Detail Blog
          Cheers,

Kok Lead

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation kok lead. However M#21 belongs to professional line... advisable to use it via hand, as I don't own an orbital or PC.

Comment

#21 can be used by hand as far as I know.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yep, no problem using M21 by hand. Just make sure you apply a thin coat and allow to dry properly.
                -Bob
                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');