• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which step(s) does the swirl removal come in effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which step(s) does the swirl removal come in effect

Hi,

I have a 2 year old silver colored WRX. For the most part, the finish is quite good, and after detailing it, the finish is very very smooth.

My steps, by hand is:

Wash: Gold Class
    Clay: Quick Clay
    Clean: Paint Scrub
    Polish: #7 Show Car Glaze
    Wax: NXT Tech Wax

Now that I spend so much time, I'm looking at my car with a REALLY critical eye. I'm starting to notice some really light swirls, especially on the roof and on the hood, probably because I didn't spend as much effort on it previously.

What step should I concentrate on that will eliminate those swirls or prevent them from getting any worse. Is it in the cleaning step, polish step, or waxing step? I'm almost out of the Paint Scrub, which is obviously very old. If swirl removal is in the cleaning step, what would you recommend?

Otherwise, I'd like to look for something to add into my regimen that's really mild to use as needed, as the rest of the car dosen't seem to have any swirls, and I don't want to take down anything if I don't have to. If the #7 or NXT tech wax will do it, I'll just take more effort in applying that to the affected areas.

Thanks for your advice!

To remove swirls you need to remove paint, this means you'll need a product and a process to carefully remove a little paint without leaving any swirls or scratches.

If your level of expectation is high and you would like to do the work effectively, then you should look at moving up to machine polishing with a dual action polisher.

If you want to continue working by hand, then you'll want to get some ScratchX and work a small area at a time working the product against the finish.

Since you're in L.A., you should consider coming to one of our classes, most/all the comments we hear from people that attend the class are overwhelmingly positive with many people saying they have finally been shown how to do things the right way the first time.

The class this weekend isn't full.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Darn, I was busy this weekend, and couldn't make it out to the class. Plus, I should of gone to the Subaru class the other week! Well, I didn't realize that you could attend classes that aren't the same "theme" as your car. I'll try to jump into one of the classes from now on if they're not full up.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');