• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

few questions about swirl marks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few questions about swirl marks...

how do swirl marks can be created by wax?? (too much pressure???)
    how to wax without creating swirl marks??
    lets say i want remove swirld mark using #83 with a100.
    is it possible to clear coat to be dissappeared if i use #83 or any cutting compund too often or too many times?
    thank you please reply

Re: few questions about swirl marks...

Originally posted by blkgst
    how do swirl marks can be created by wax?? (too much pressure???)
    If you use a pure wax/sealant with no cleaner in it, then the swirl marks created by waxing can come from such sources as:

1) The applicator used to put wax on
    2) The towel/bonnet/microfiber used to remove the wax
    3) Dirt that somehow has gotten into the process

how to wax without creating swirl marks??
    Use a fresh, clean applicator to put the wax on the paint. When it's time to wipe it off, use microfiber. Keep all dust and debris off the paint while the wax dries.

lets say i want remove swirld mark using #83 with a100.
    is it possible to clear coat to be dissappeared if i use #83 or any cutting compund too often or too many times?
    Do you mean G100, the dual action polisher that Meguiar's sells?
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Meguiar's waxes will not cause swirls. Swirls are thousands of very small scratches, either by something, such as dirt particles, being dragged across the finish. To prevent these, you will want to use clean/high quality products to apply and remove your wax products. Also, you will want to make sure that the surface you are adding a wax to is completely clean. If the surface does not feel as smooth as glass, you will want to clay the finish after washing it(an easy and simple process, if you didnt know).

Meguiar's #83, followed by #80 are great for removing swirls and other defects. Consult our how-to articles for more information:

And, as far as I know, using these products every once in awhile shouldnt be a cause for concern when considering the thickness of your clearcoat. Thats a light paraphrase.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');