• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think I could wax my car today, if it rains tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think I could wax my car today, if it rains tomorrow?

I am going to thoroughly wax my car today (claybar, paint cleaner, polish, NXT wax). And I'm pretty sure it will rain tomorrow. Is it still good enough to this project today? THASNKS

If you dont mind water/dirt on it in a day, sure why not.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Go for it!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

But by doing that hasnt he just lost a buttload of time and passion detailing his car when its going to be all dirty agian tommorow?
        Detailing is a passion NOT a chore

Comment

Originally posted by roaringlion
          But by doing that hasnt he just lost a buttload of time and passion detailing his car when its going to be all dirty agian tommorow?
          I have done it... sometimes you only have a little time to fit a detail in, might be prior to a rain or snow. Then a quick wash a day or two later your are back to a shiny freshly waxed vehicle!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

That's life.

Recently I washed and waxed one of our cars and the next day Lynn took it on a trip and ran into a torrential rain storm plus all the dirt and road film that gets sprayed onto the entire car.

The next day I washed it all off and we move forward.

You can't control the weather and neglecting your car just mean it gets worse and worse. By washing and waxing regularly you maintain that show room now condition.

It's his choice just like it's your choice just like it's my choice.

He didn't say if he had a garage or an undercover place to park, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, I don't know. But even if he parks his car outside and it rains it's going to be better protected.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

As detailers and enthusiasts, we're fighting entropy, a force we cannot stop.

Drive your vehicle, wash your vehicle, detail your vehicle....and enjoy your vehicle.

Live life! We never know when it will change.
              See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Just got finished with my thorough wax job. Started at 12:00PM... it is now 6:15PM. I am going to sleep well tonight. I'm pretty sure it will rain tomorrow, and I have no covers or garage to park in. I am on a tight schedule, so I'll just wash it next time it's sunny

Comment

brandon_k_w- When you *do* next wash it, you'll find that it's not a big job. It's not a good idea to let things go as dirt will build up to the point that it's a lot tougher to get it off without marring the finish. Dirt doesn't stick to well to clean (let alone freshly waxed) paint, but it does stick well to other dirt.
                  Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');