• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning some old matts... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning some old matts... :)

My G/F's 01 escape is an on going project, I recently cleaned the exterior and waxed it which had never been done since it was owned, and the interior is pretty much the same, now its been vacumed and wiped down but never really cleaned, so with 60k miles on it I decided it was time and I started with the floor mats.
    Now I didn't have any of meguiars APC but I did have some other stuff left over from long ago I used...
    Heres the before picture
    Attached Files

driver side before
    Attached Files

Comment

passenger side before
      Attached Files

Comment

Step 1
        here they are after shampoo, blot, and vacume...
        Attached Files

Comment

step 2
          After letting dry some, I re-vacumed, shampoo'ed scrubbed more, and this time payed more attention to the spots blotting them more and then shampoo and wipe clean..

There getting better but no perfect (never will be)
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to let them dry overnight then go at it again tomorrow evening see if I can get them a little cleaner...

Comment

They do look better.... It can be very difficult to get floor mats looking like new or even somewhere close. From time to time I will get in a friends car and look at the floor mats thinking to my self there is no hope for them! You know the ones, they are covered with 3 years worth of sand/mud and ground in stuff.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');