• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows??

Hi there,

I have a 91' Beretta hardly ever sees water or rain and is barely driven. My problem is I have water spots on my windows that don't come off I have tried everything. Any suggestions?

i've used the clay bar and it took the water spots right off.

Comment

Well, you'll have to tell us what counts as everything.

Just briefly, have you tried claying your windows?

If so, you can try this as well:

Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Um...Everything where do I start?

Windex, vinegar, soap and water, rubbing alochol, clay bar, NXT, Gold Glass Wax, Paint cleaner, glass wipes, plastix, 0000steel wool and polish step 2, quik wax, bug and tar remover...

Everything!

What is Glass and polish deep cleaning?

Comment

Well, its a link...

It basicaly goes on to show how to use #4 to clean windows... just something else to try.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

are you sure they are water spots?

Comment

#4 is that under the professional line I am not too fimilar with the pro line. Would like to start using it but not sure what products are what.

And I think they are water spots what else would they be? They look like water spots!

Comment

Originally posted by AS555
                #4 is that under the professional line I am not too fimilar with the pro line. Would like to start using it but not sure what products are what.

And I think they are water spots what else would they be? They look like water spots!
                Here is the description of #4:

Heavy-Cut Cleaner removes deep swirls, scratches, sever oxidation, alkaline and acid rain etching. Diminishing Abrasivesā„¢ cut quickly, then reduce to a polishing rouge, while Buffered Abrasiveā„¢ action lubricates the finish to prevent scratching.

I would guess glass is the only thing you would use it on, I have it and only use it on the glass I am not familiar with its use on a painted surface. It does work very well for cleaning glass.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

Just to chime in here....

Meguiar's #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner is from the Meguiar's traditonal cleaner line that was used for Single Stage Paint. It uses a very different diminishing abrasive, and on paint, requires a rotary polisher in order to break down the product properly.

However on glass, those unique diminishing abrasives work very well to remove most types of crud, water spots etc... and you can use it by hand in that appliaction. As Mike suggests in that link, take a piece of terry cloth and really work the #4 into the glass with real energy. Keep rubbing until the #4 is just about gone. Then wipe off with a clean cloth.

I have been using #4 with the rotary for cleaning glass for sometime and have not found a better method for making the glass ultra clear!

***Keep in mind, using #4 is for the outside glass only. Some vehicles have a coating on the inside of the windshield that can be easily damaged. ****

#4 Heavy Cut Cleaner

Please keep us posted!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Are the windows tinted? If so are you sure the marks you're seeing are on the outside and not some artifact on the inside between glass and tint?

Comment

Yes the windows are tinted on the sides half way with a chevy emblem cut out of them and on the all back windows but these spots are alson on the front window too! I will have to get a bottle of it.....cause I need to do something with them....I use both hand and rotarty polisher for cleaning! Thank You as soon as it comes in I will let you know if it worked THANKS!!!!!

Comment

If windows gets spotty then perhaps you should switch to linux or MacOSX
                        Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                        Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');