• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what product(s) to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what product(s) to use?

I'm new here and need some help determining what products I need to get. I have scratches on my new truck and want to get them corrected. I have a new Nissan Titan CC that is Gold Metallic.
    I have several long narrow scratches from edge of bushes scraping alongside my truck. I also have about a 8 foot long rub type mark (white in color) that appears to be like a clear coat scrape or something. I'm not very savy on the proper language for detailing or paint repair...SORRY!!! It has almost no depth as you can't feel any edges when you run your fingers across it.
    I used Scratch X today and got some very minor scratches out. Others came out to the point that they aren't seen straight on but can be seen from the side at an angle in light. I am rather a perfectionist and want to do it right.....The long "rub" came out to the same effect. It isn't as noticeable as before but Scratch X is probably not aggresive enough to completely get it all. It did an awesome job overall, just not the total job. I knew it wouldn't before I started but I wanted to improve the appearance until I find the best remedy and order my G100 and pads(which I will be doing in the next few days.)
    I had someone tell direct me here to buy the Heavy Cut, Med-Cut, and Fine Cut. They told me to apply it by hand once I got it. I get on here and find that they are for rotary use. Once I get here I am also overwhelmed by all the products to choose from. I need someone to please help me get the best products to repair the scratches, clean up my truck and make it showroom quality!!!!
    A common product/sequence I see on here is:#83 then #80 (both using 8006) then #21 (9006) and then a wax (7006+bonnets) Is this what I should try? Is there a beetr product/sequence? Any help/info is appreciated.
    I also plan on claying truck, can I use clay on the painted bumpers to remove stubborn bug remnants? Do I need to use a bug remover in place of the detailling mist while using it?
    THANKS.....I'm sorry for the long post.and so many questions. I just need some experts and current users to point me in the right direction.

Well, I am not an expert on the Heavy/Medium/Fine cut, but I can tell you a little. You should better results by hand with the ScratcHX, and you should get better results by PC with #83 and #80 than by hand with the Heavy Cut.

With the PC, #83, #80, and #21 are three great products to have on hand. Try to use the #80 first. One, to see if it removes swirls, and it is a little easier for the first time than #83. Neither are hard to use, but for your first time, get the hang of the machine with #80.

Also, I noticed an error with your product/pad selection...here is the correct combinations:

1. #80/#83 - #8006 pads
    2. #21, other polishes/waxes - #9006 pad.
    3. To remove wax by machine - #7006 pad covered with MF bonnet. Never use #7006 pad directly on paint with a PC.

And you can clay just about anything. You can clay your toaster if you want.

But be sure to follow this order: First paint, then glass/trim, then wheels. Never bring clay from wheels up onto paint.

For real stuck on bugs, you can use a bug remover first, let it sit for a minute, and try and gently remove the bug, or the bulk of it. Then you can use the clay as normal over the area. I recomend using Bug Removers before washing, so you are sure to get those strong chemicals all washed off.

And dont worry about being overwhelmed.. just keep asking away....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick replay and, yea, that's what I meant on the 7006. I knew not to use the 7006 directly b/c I saw that posted on here somewhere(I've been from top to bottom of all posts so I couldn't tell ya where!!!!) I had the "7006+bonnets" meaning for removal and not application. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for watch-n out 4me....I will probably get the G100, a few extra pads for applications, # 83, 80, 21 and NXT Next Generation liquid wax(unless some others can convince me of better sequence) , some bonnetts for removal, wash liquid, clay, Micro Fibers for detailing, ect. Do you have a preference on wax? what about clay b/c I saw a few different kinds- aggresive, mild, ect....One I saw came with a detailing mist and another had a MFiber cloth in it....
      Also, is the best place to get products here or other site? I saw autodetailingsolutions or something like that.......

Comment

Well, Nxt is the longest lasting wax, but if you plan to detail every 2-3 months or less, then #21 would definately be my choice.

If you order from autodetailingsolutions right now, they have some nice internet specials, and packages on the DA. I'd probably go from there.

You should only need a mild clay. I'd get the Smooth surface kit, as you will be glad to have a bottle of cleaner/wax sitting around, and even for the clay+supreme shine, it is still a good price.

Just to mention, you should only need the #21 or the Nxt.. no need for both.

A process of :

1. Wash
        2. Clay as needed
        3. #83 if needed for rough swirls
        4. #80 for regular cleaning/mild swirls
        5. 2 coats of #21

will leave real nice results.

Dont forget wheel cleaners, dressing, trim detailers, interior stuff etc.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');