• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats megs version of sonus sfx2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats megs version of sonus sfx2??

i had a small trial size sonus sfx2 with a pc i recently purchased
    the sfx2 seems to be about right for my needs, but id sooner replace it with a megs product when its used up

any suggestions what would replace it?

Oh... I don't know...

I can ask Lynn since she sells the stuff or I could go out into the garage and play with it and give you a suggestion. In the big picture however you have two primary options at this time and that would be M83 or M80.

You've been to our class here in Irvine and we covered all of this while you were here. M80 is for light swirls and scratches and M83 is for swirls and scratches that M80 won't remove. If M83 doesn't remove them then you need to learn how to use a rotary buffer, live with the swirls and/or scratches or take the car to a professional that does know how to use a rotary buffer.

Sounds like you bought the dual action polisher kit from either BCC or ACC because I know it came with a sample of their polish.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah i figured #80 would be similar, i think #80 will have a place in my garage ,i can step up to #83 if need be

Comment

M80 is a very versatile product. I used it yesterday with a rotary buffer to remove the swirls left by a more aggressive compound and then used it with the dual action polisher to remove any remaining swirls from the rotary buffer/M80 combo and then topped with M21

At Meguiar's we use the analogy of our Professional Line being akin to a Master Mechanic's tool box in that there are a lot of products but each one can be used to perform a specific test.

Before

After

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I want a paint job like that.....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I didn't mean to hi-jack Steve's thread so I started a new one here,

Nissan Titan King Cab Custom Truck

Sorry Steve...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');