• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newb that needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb that needs help

Hi guys and gals if there are any,

I have been a meguiars user for many years now and am always pleased with the results. I drive a Black 2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible That I love to keep looking in tip top shape.

I recently started surfing this forum as I love learning new things and just from reading and reviewing I have already learnd a lot.

I do however have a problem. I want to learn how to use a Polisher or a PC as I so often here them referd to as. I beleive I have watched every Meguiars video available on the net.

Is there anywhere you can take clases on this type of thing I see that Meguiars offers classes but only at there facilities out in california. Which puts a damper on things being that im on the East Coast representing New Jersey.

Well thats all for now .. I look foward to contibuting where I can and learning from everyone as well..

Thanks
    Nick

Send Mike P. a PM...He can direct you to the Meguiar's rep in your area, that may be able to help you.
    r. b.

Comment

Cheap and easy training lessons.

Go to a junk yard and buy a hood or trunk lid. Bring it home and clamp it to some saw horses and start playing with different products with the PC and observe the results.

You can always offer to detail a friend or family members car.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab

Go to a junk yard and buy a hood or trunk lid. Bring it home and clamp it to some saw horses and start playing with different products with the PC and observe the results.
        That is probably the best option. A PC is basically idiot proof but using on black paint if you start on your vehicle first I wouldnt use anything very aggressive to you get the hang of it.

Comment

A PC is insanely easy. I'd agree with DD, you can use it on your black car with something pretty mild, maybe #9; then, after you see that there's no way you can hurt your car, step un to #83 and have at it.

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');