• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car Detail In The Spring. Looks for early info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car Detail In The Spring. Looks for early info

Hey everybody.

My Girlfriend Bought a 2006 2 door Pontiac Pursuit. Metalic Blue. I've detailed my own use'd rigs before with sucess. I would like to know has anybody detail'd this car before, Or one with metalic blue finish, And what was there combination of protect.

Thinking:

1. Wash Either with NXT or Deep Crystal.
    2. Clay
    3. Rinse
    4. Dry
    5. Cleaner Wax Either Deep Crystal or ColorX
    6. Now for a Polish, Deep crystal pure polish, or something else?
    7. Wax NXY Paste Wax
    8. Any sort of sealant?

All of this detail is being done by hand.

Please let me know. Thank you

AJ
    Support Your Troops, If Not The War

Americans, Canadians And so on.

The paint on a brand new car should look great to start with, a coat of polish or wax will improve it a little, but it should look really good right off the show room floor.

The secret to keeping it looking good is to regularly maintain it with some combination of products, by doing this it will always look new and car care will be fast and easy, it's only when you neglect the finish over time that looses its beauty and restoring it will now require more products and more work.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This is true Thanks mike.

But the only problem is the show room floor was a Nova Scotian winter with salt and snow and such And the detail wont happen intill likely late spring when the good weather hits, Lets say May? I hate waiting for the good weather lol. Should move to your sunny locations in the states

Oh And Happy Birthday Mike

Comment

The Meguiars Cleaner/Wax and ColorX products work good in cooler temperatures, say 40-50 degrees, if you can only get a real quick wash and wax accomplished for now on a cool sunny day. Better something if possible.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Was gonna try that

AvG temp is 20-40F though so kinda hard.

Hose's are all rolled up and put away for winter months. Might try in another month warmer days should start arriving. Might be able to get a good afternoon to try. Only thing is once you've finished you dont wanna drive it, lol cause all the snow is melting and everything is wet lol.

Comment

Oh, and for your first question, Wax and Sealant mean mostly the same thing in Meguiars terminology. Different companies may use those words to mean different things.

You would generaly want 2 coat of any Meguiars wax/sealant product, whether it is #21, Nxt, Gold Class, etc. I would think #21 or Nxt would do the most for metalic colors.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I was also thinking 2 coats of NXT. The Only reason i asked about sealant was I've read fourms were people Put 2 coats of NXT and then a Poly sealant.

Thanks for the information guys, This is great

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');