• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratx w/ buffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratx w/ buffer?

Quick question(s)......

After clay, and the second wash. I 'm gonna use Scratch X....

A. Is it ok to use a rotary with ScratchX..Or is it recommended to be used by hand?

B. Will I get better results with one over the other?

c. Finally, Is it OK to use a DC#1 prior to the ScratchX..Or is it a moot point to do so since the Scratch X will clean the paint better than the DC1 would?
    BLACK 0 FYVE MONTE CARLO

a) not sure but i don't think so, you'll need someone elses input, but i think a better idea is to use something from the proline if your using a rotary
    b)N/A
    c)i use DC1 before scratchX to remove RIDS. ScratchX will clean the paint better than DC1 (at least i think so) but you always want to start with the least aggresive product
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I should clarify myself, when I say buffer I mean dual action G100..not rotary.
      BLACK 0 FYVE MONTE CARLO

Comment

Scratch-X will gum up your pads, not the right product for a rotary. A rotary will give the best results but you have to a) know what you are doing, b) use the right pad and product combination.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');