• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

applying colorX and the use of it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying colorX and the use of it.....

I have about 4 details coming up over the weekend and the people are paying me 130 for two cars and the other people are paying me 150 for two cars..... as that is a really cheap price i've decided not to use #80 on their cars and then follow it up with tech wax..... i figured i could just use colorX and do all the cleaning/polishing/waxing in one step....

1.What pads for the g100 do i use to apply this?? the yellow pad being the same kind of pad i'd use for #80?

2. what pressure should I use when applying this product? should i go really slow like i would with #80?? I sure hope I don't have to go too slow as they haven't paid me enough to spend too much time on their cars.

Thanks for the help everyone!.... I will most likely spend 3 hours on each car.. :]

-j0sh

1. colourX should be used with a W8006 on speed 5
    and remember colourX has deminishing abrasives just like M80
    2. 15-20 pounds of presure should be fine
    General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

would I want to apply this to the entire car and let it dry to pass the swipe test before it is removed? or would i treat this like a polish?

Comment

Originally posted by tripmachine
        would I want to apply this to the entire car and let it dry to pass the swipe test before it is removed? or would i treat this like a polish?
        I apply ColorX via PC and a polishing pad. I don't work it as long as 80 or 83, but you can work it for a little bit. I work ColorX for a couple of passes per panel, YMMV. Just be sure to do a test spot, to ensure your getting the results you want.

Just let haze, check with the swipe test, and remove. Its that easy! Good luck and post pics!
        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');