• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Inverter I need some Help ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Inverter I need some Help ....

Some of you guys use Power inverters. I need Help in how to conect my Inverter, Do I need to conect my Power Inverter direct to the battery of my car , Please if some one can helpme out . My power inverter is 1200 watts.
    CAUTION : Auto Detailing is addictive. It can be very difficult to quit. " CAR CRAZY " (Serious car care people)

INVERTERS

I CAN GIVE YOU A GREAT DEAL OF INFORMATION ABOUT INVERTERS IF I CAN GET THE WEBSITE PROTOCOL IN MIND...

DAMON SWANK

Comment

MY LOCATION IS RANCHO PALOS VERDES

DAMON

Comment

power inverters

pleqse contact me for info

best alternative is West Marine: the boaters use inverters

damon swank

Comment

Most Power Inverters over 700 watts need to be directly wired to the battery.

If it doesnt have a plug for the 12v Power Outlets.

Otherwise wire it up, pos. neg. and make sure you have a good ground.

Comment

Re: power inverters

Originally posted by damonswank
            pleqse contact me for info

best alternative is West Marine: the boaters use inverters

damon swank
            Mr. Damon, thank you for writing me I was out of town, the inverter that I have is a vector power of 1200 watts, which I intend to use on my 2000 6 cilinders Tacoma, but I'm not sure how to conect it!

Now you mentined something about a website protocol? can you be more specific, about that matter!

Thank you once again.
            CAUTION : Auto Detailing is addictive. It can be very difficult to quit. " CAR CRAZY " (Serious car care people)

Comment

my vector 1000 watt inverter connects to my 12 volt outlet in my truck (newstyle F-150 Lariat), in my manual it says do not use the cigarette lighter socket.

Comment

Hi,
                i have two power convertors. One is 400watt and the other is 900watt. The 400watt comes with a cigarette lighter connector and a normal hook to a battery. In the manual , it says if you use the cigarette lighter connector, make sure you don't exceeds 175watts or you will burn your lighter fuse. Above 175watts, it recommends to be connected directly to the battery. I have used both methods and they seem working fine with me.
                On the other hand, the 900watts comes only with battery hooks.
                I have also used it and it is working fine with me.
                I only switch on the car every while so the battery doesn't die on me.

Comment

Re: Power Inverter I need some Help ....

I purchased a Husky 750 watt inverter from Home Depot today so I can detail my truck in peace (I live in an apartment complex) . I'm thinking of purchasing one or more batteries and a charger, for a power source especially for detailing.
                  K3AKE 147.555

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');